On 19th March 2013 I signed up to the Pixie Viewer which is a web browser-based viewer for virtual 3D environments. Since then the Pixie Viewer user interface has been updated with new colourful buttons and with new features coming soon. On the login page it says A 2.00 which version 2 of the viewer.
Good news for OpenSim support in the Pixie Viewer via Pixie Viewer Blog latset blog post by Sunny (admin) about the new features in version 2.
In parallel the Opensim Support makes good progress, but theres still a lot of work to do.
Snapshot of the old Pixie Viewer user interface on 19th March 2013.
- Play/Mute/Pause buttons with volume slider
- Current time
- Stats button which brings up the Scene Rendering Info
- Build button which brings up basic shapes window
- Chat which brings up Public Chat
- Report Bug sends to bug report webpage
- Logout button ends the session
The Welcome Area
Snapshot of the new Pixie Viewer user interface on 3rd April 2013. See top 3 places to visit on the Pixie Viewer below!
- Audio / Video Conference (Blue) – Start webcam & microphone – NEW
- Home (Grey) – Teleports you to the Welcome region
- Your Profile & Settings (Green) – Userprofiles are coming soon! – NEW
- Chat (Blue) – Public Chat
- Private Message (Red) – Private Messages are coming soon! – NEW
- Find Places (Pink) – Top 3 places to visit 1. Welcome, 2. Mirror Island and 3. Sandbox – NEW
- Media Tools (Grey) – Media Tools are coming soon! – NEW
- Build (Yellow) – Build Tools
The Welcome Area
Mirror Island – This place has a MIRROR enabled
Sandbox – Public Sandbox. Build and try out everything here.
What do you think of this new user interface look for the Pixie Viewer ? Also please share your experiences on the Pixie Viewer!