The 8th annual Home & Garden Expo opens in Second Life on Sunday 14th February through until Sunday 6th March 2016. This year there are 9 regions to explore, along with a fresh new Expo experience and events planned for the week ahead. :)
Home & Garden Expo is one of the longest and largest running event dedicated to home and garden in Second Life. I have attended this event in previous years and for me it’s been a really good experience. It’s just incredible and pretty amazing each year. :)
There will be a series of Meet the Designer events where designers will be showcasing their new products and answering questions about their work. These sessions will take place at 2pm SLT and 5pm SLT between 15th February to 5th March).
Upcoming Key Dates & Times – (SLT)
- Display setup time: February 8, 2016 at 12:00 pm – February 11, 2016 at 6:00 pm Start time is not exact
- Press Preview day: February 12, 2016 – February 13, 2016
- Regions closed for setup checks: February 11, 2016 at 6:00 pm – 12:00 am
- 2016 RFL of SL Home and Garden Expo / Breedables Expo: February 14, 2016 at 12:00 am – March 6, 2016 at 11:59 pm
- Lantern Release from the Theatre roof: February 14, 2016 at 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm
“The Home and Garden Expo raises money for Relay For Life of Second Life (RFL of SL). Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event, and RFL of SL is one of its virtual counterparts. You can find more information about RFL of SL at http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/“.
“100% of registration fees, sponsorship fees and donation items are paid to Relay For Life of Second Life. Gachas are a new opportunity to the Expo this year, and 50% of the proceeds from these will be paid to RFL”.
More info can be found on the Home and Garden Expo website