On 19th March 2013 I signed up to the Pixie Viewer which is a web browser-based viewer for virtual 3D environments. Since then the Pixie Viewer user interface has been updated with new colourful buttons and with new features coming soon. On the login page it says A 2.00 which version 2 of the viewer.
Good news for OpenSim support in the Pixie Viewer via Pixie Viewer Blog latset blog post by Sunny (admin) about the new features in version 2.
In parallel the Opensim Support makes good progress, but theres still a lot of work to do.
Snapshot of the old Pixie Viewer user interface on 19th March 2013.
- Play/Mute/Pause buttons with volume slider
- Current time
- Stats button which brings up the Scene Rendering Info
- Build button which brings up basic shapes window
- Chat which brings up Public Chat
- Report Bug sends to bug report webpage
- Logout button ends the session
The Welcome Area
Snapshot of the new Pixie Viewer user interface on 3rd April 2013. See top 3 places to visit on the Pixie Viewer below!
- Audio / Video Conference (Blue) – Start webcam & microphone – NEW
- Home (Grey) – Teleports you to the Welcome region
- Your Profile & Settings (Green) – Userprofiles are coming soon! – NEW
- Chat (Blue) – Public Chat
- Private Message (Red) – Private Messages are coming soon! – NEW
- Find Places (Pink) – Top 3 places to visit 1. Welcome, 2. Mirror Island and 3. Sandbox – NEW
- Media Tools (Grey) – Media Tools are coming soon! – NEW
- Build (Yellow) – Build Tools
The Welcome Area
Mirror Island – This place has a MIRROR enabled
Sandbox – Public Sandbox. Build and try out everything here.
What do you think of this new user interface look for the Pixie Viewer ? Also please share your experiences on the Pixie Viewer!
Marianne McCann has published a press release about the upcoming SL Bay City event which is the Bay City Fashion Week 2013. Bay City Fashion Week starts from Saturday 20th April until Monday 29th April 2013. It will take place at Bay City Fairgrounds in the North Channel region.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bay City Alliance
BAY CITY FASHION WEEK 2013 Announced
Mid-Century Designers welcomed back
BAY CITY, SL (2nd April, 2012) – Bay City is again welcoming back designers of mid-century fashion for their second annual Fashion Week. The event seeks to show off the best of fashion that typifies Bay City’s theme: the American urban experience, between 1940 and 1965, perhaps best typified by Chicago circa 1950 and marked by a distinct deco influence.
Established designers will be provided with a space in the Bay City Fairgrounds, in the North Channel region, from April 20-29 to present the best in mid-century modern fashions for all Second Life avatars. Runway space and other amenities will be provided to help them highlight their designs.
Designers currently planning to present at the event include Ingenue, Fin, Sonatta Morales, Schadenfreude, Volstead, Eclectica, Delicate Sensibilities, Robin (Sojourner) Wood, 1-800-BETTIES, Rhapsody, and Vita Bella.
Bay City is a mainland community, developed by Linden Lab ™ and home to the Bay City Alliance. The Bay City Alliance was founded in 2008 to promote the Bay City regions of Second Life™ and provide a venue for Bay City Residents and other interested parties to socialize and network. It is now the largest Bay city group, and home to most Residents of Bay City.
For more information, or to participate in the event, please contact Marianne McCann