FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
1ST ANNUAL MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER ACROSS SECOND LIFE STRIDES WALK
On Sunday, October 26, 2014, at 9 am slt, the very first Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk will be held in Second Life.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Across Second Life is an annual event that place in honor of breast cancer awareness and fundraising in October of each year. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is the official breast cancer charity of the American Cancer Society.
Second Life residents will make strides together to promote breast cancer awareness and to honor breast cancer survivors and caregivers. Stride Walk will kick off at 9 am slt with a special T1 Radio Warm Up Show and will feature 9 hours of themed laps, live djs and performances, and fun! The day will wrap up with a special Pink Power Time Machine Special event with Trader1 Whiplash from 5pm to 7pm slt. Below is a complete schedule of events with hourly themes:
Schedule of Events:
- 9 am to 10 am SLT– T1 Radio
- 10am to 11 am SLT – Opening Ceremony
- 11 to 12pm SLT – T1 Radio – Survivor & Caregiver Hour (Survivors and caregivers are why we make strides! Help us honor these very special people)
- 12 pm to 1pm SLT – Boot It Up Hour (wear your favorite boots as you walk around the Stride’s path)
- 1pm to 2pm SLT – International Spirit Hour (Wave your country’s flag as you walk around the Stride’s path)
2pm to 3pm SLT – Hat’s Aplenty Hour (Show off your favorite hat during this hour)
- 3pm to 4pm SLT – Let’s Get Hopping Hour (Grab one of our hoppers and hop around the path)
- 4pm to 5pm SLT – Remembrance Ceremony (Remember your loved ones that you have lost to breast cancer during this special hour)
- 5pm to 7pm SLT – Time Machine Special (We are going back to the 1960’s with DJ Trader1 Whiplash)
About Making Strides Against Breast Cancer:
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer or MSABC is the largest network of breast cancer awareness events in the nation, uniting more than 300 communities to finish the fight. Every breast cancer walk and event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to honor those who have battled breast cancer, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with research, information, services, and access to mammograms for women who need them.
About the American Cancer Society:
For more than 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together with millions of our supporters worldwide, we help people stay well, help people get well, find cures, and fight back against cancer.
For more information: