In the past week SL15B applications have officially opened for Exhibitors, DjS, Live performers, Auditorium and Volunteers to participate. This year Second Life 15th birthday community celebration officially starts at 12pm SLT on Sunday 17th June through until Sunday 24th June 2018. Press Day this year will be on Saturday 16th June 2018 starting at 12pm SLT.
It’s going to be a great 15th birthday for the whole Second Life community i’m sure and I can’t wait to be part of it all. I have covered all previous Second Life birthdays since SL6B plus TSL4B & TSL5B.
The theme for SL15B is “crystal” which allows “exploration of the tapestry of time that weaves together the past, present and future of Second Life”.
- Friday, April 13: Applications open for Performers and Volunteers
- Friday, April 13: Applications open for Exhibitors
- Monday, May 7, noon SLT: Applications close for Exhibitors and Volunteers
- Mon/Tue, May 21/22, noon SLT: Exhibitors Notified (First Round)
- Friday, May 25, noon SLT: Regions open for builders
- Tuesday, May 29, noon, SLT: Deadline for parcel claim
- Thursday, May 31, noon SLT: Deadline for Performance applications
- Thursday, June 15, noon SLT: Regions close to builders
- Saturday, June 16, noon SLT: Press day
- Sunday, June 17, noon SLT: SL15B opens!!!
- Sunday, June 17 to Sunday, June 24: SL15B open with performances!!
- Saturday, June 23: Official 15th Birthday!!!
- Monday, June 25 to Saturday, June 30: Regions will remain open for viewing. No performances.
- Sunday, July 1 to Tuesday, July 3: Breakdown
- Wednesday, July 4: Regions go offline
SL15B Regions Update
There are 15 regions for SL15B community celebration as far as I know at the moment. The formation of the regions this year is pretty interesting because in previous years it’s been in a block formation together.
Stay updated on the latest SL15B news here
Ebbe Linden Town Hall Update
There will be two town hall chat session events with Ebbe Linden CEO of Linden Lab on Friday 20th April 2018. Ebbe Linden will be sharing his vision for Second Life in 2018 and beyond. Ebbe will be answering questions submitted from the Second Life community.
- 9.30 am SLT
- 1pm SLT
Send your questions in this thread “A Conversation with Linden Lab CEO Ebbe Altberg”. Linden Lab in the coming months will hold more meetups with communities like Bay City, Firestorm, Designing Worlds and more.