Happy New Year 2023 to all my Second Life blog followers and all new visitors. Hope everyone had a great Christmas break and welcomed the new year 2023.
Hopefully this year will be better for everyone. I will be blogging about the big news stories relating to Second Life/Linden Lab, the annual events and OpenSim. Can’t wait 🙂
2022 saw the launch of Premium Plus, more Linden Home themes being rolled out, the return of Philip Rosedale, introduction of event regions, Second Life university video series, more viewer improvements and much more. It was definitely a busy year for blogging and I think 2023 will be just as busy.
Here is the Second Life 2023 roadmap released by the lab on 22nd December 2022…
- Avatar customization improvements to simplify creating your virtual identity, including inventory thumbnails to give a preview of what’s sitting in those boxes
- New user experience upgrades to better fuel retention, engagement, and growth across key parts of the new user journey
- New centralized “hubs” to better connect residents to the communities that match their passions and interests
- First peek at a world and avatar centered mobile-first Second Life experience
- New LSL functions that improve the quality of life for scripters
- Even more performance improvements to increase the quality and visual fidelity of the Second Life experience…and much more!
Sounds very interesting and exciting. Hopefully the lab can roll all of this (above points) by 2024.
I will be blogging more soon.