On Tuesday 12th September AvaCon announced details about their upcoming fifth annual OpenSimulator Community Conference due to take place 9th-10th December 2017. The main focus this year will be on the latest OpenSim software releases along with visions for the future of OpenSim.
The OpenSimulator Community Conference is an annual conference that focuses on the developer and user community creating the OpenSimulator software.
AvaCon hope to accommodate over 400 users in total at this year’s conference. The 2017 OpenSimulator Community Conference will feature many interesting presentations, performances, panels, workshops and much more. On the main stage there will be more in-depth talks featuring Education, Technical, Creative and Experiential topics of interest.
The annual conference is organized as a joint production by Core Developers of OpenSimulator and AvaCon. Here are the important deadlines and important dates you should know about.
- September 12, 2017 – Announcement of the Call for Proposals!
- October 8, 2017 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- October 22, 2017 – Proposal acceptance emails and with conference information.
- October 29, 2017 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference to create an entry in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 11, 2017 – Speaker Orientation & Training sessions and Presenter Booth Setup to prepare speakers for the conference.
- November 18, 2017 – Deadline for stage props and audio-visuals (beyond textures) for conference program.
- December 9-10, 2017 – OSCC17 – Conference dates – Bring the WOWness!
- December 10, 2017 – OSCC Hypergrid tour and community events.
If you are interested in volunteering at this year’s conference, fill out this application form.
Please spread the word about the upcoming 5th Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference 2017