Hypergrid Business is the best source for all things OpenSim from monthly grid statistics, conferences, surveys, events, hunts and more. Many OpenSim grids are now planning for the Halloween season with events lined up. Check out the schedule here.
OpenSim is most certainly active right now for anyone that thinks nothing is really happening. There are a lot of things happening in the short term and long term. Many grids offer contests, hunts, freebies and more.
Wyldwood Bayou Grid Celebrates First Anniversary – LINK
The Wyldwood Bayou grid will be celebrating it’s first anniversary from Friday 29th October through until Monday 1st November. The grid will be hosting it’s second annual Halloween Bash on Sunday 31st October 2021.
OpenSim Stats Are Up This Month – LINK
During the past month all OpenSim stats were up from OpenSim active users (+107), land area increases (+673) and registered new users (+875). There are now 96, 872 hypergrid-enabled OpenSim regions. OSgrid is leading for the most regions (32, 547) and most active users (4, 445).
AvaCon Announces Ninth Annual OpenSimulator Community Conference 2021 – LINK
The ninth annual OpenSimulator Community Conference 2021 will be taking place on 11th to 12th December 2021 on the OpenSimulator Conference grid. Call for proposals are open.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- September 27, 2021 – Announcement of the Call for Proposals!
- November 1, 2021 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- November 8, 2021 – Proposal acceptance emails and with conference information.
- November 13, 2021 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference to create an entry in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 13 & 20, 2021 – Speaker Orientation & Training sessions and Presenter Booth Setup to prepare speakers for the conference.
- November 29, 2021 – Deadline for stage props and audio-visuals (beyond textures) for the conference program.
- December 11-12, 2021 – OSCC20 Conference dates!
AviTron Testing Out Crytocurrency For IN-WORLD PAYMENTS – LINK
AviTron is now testing cryptocurrency for in-world payment method. The grid will be accepting Dogecoin and Bitcoin for in-world purchases and land rentals. The operating costs may be lowered and that means lower land prices soon.
Twelfth Annual OpenSim Grid Survey Results – LINK
This year there was more than 300 responses for the twelfth annual OpenSim Grid survey. The survey scores a variety of areas from technology, content, support, community and overall.
- OSgrid was the grid that had the most respondents followed by AviTron and DigiWorldz. 74% of the survey readers had been to the OSgrid
- Kitely came out on top for technology followed by Wyldwood Bayou and Enchanted Grid
- Wyldwood Bayou came out on top for support followed by Utopia Skye and Dorena’s World
- Wyldwood Bayou came out on top for community followed by Enchanted Grid and AviTron
- Utopia Skye, Tangle Grid and Dorena’s World came out on top for content
There are many reviews of each of the OpenSim grids on the blog post link above for this survey. There is definitely a range of mixed responses from user experiences, communities, entertainment and more.
What OpenSim grids do you think is doing well at the moment ?