After weeks of waiting Linden Lab has finally added a brand new Linden Homes sub forum section on the Second Life Forums. In recent months and weeks there many active SSP/Linden Homes threads all over the place but now it’s been all moved to one handy section.
Linden Homes appears under the Land Forum when you scroll down the page.
Here is the new Linden Homes section showing the latest threads relating to the new Linden Homes project/continent.
Please spread the word 🙂
On Sunday 7th April Patch Linden went live on Relay Rap Radio Talk Show to talk about the new Linden Homes project that the lab have been working on since mid 2018. There was a large inworld audience on the American Cancer Society Island and there was a live stream of the event via T1 Radio.
Most of the hour was about the Home & Garden Expo, Relay For Life of Second Life including future plans/events, Sansar and ways to reduce lag.
Guests this week…
- Kaerri Rae – Home & Garden Expo Lead
- Stingray Raymaker – American Cancer Society Staff Partner
- Special Guest Patch Linden
Here are some newer updates from the radio show this afternoon…
- The opening “will be announced when it happens”
- Currently “one week past the original roll out date”
- There will be four house styles to choose from. Eventually “there will be six to eight more styles” for Linden Homes – some 512sq and some 1024sq
- The new SSP continent will “grow futher down South then East” where the new water regions are
- It’s recommended to get a new Linden Home quickly as there may be a long wait
- The old Linden homes will be going away and will be shut down. At least a year or two before this happens.
I think the launch will probably happen in the week ahead with more being rolled out before the end of April 2019 if all goes to plan. Easter is fast approaching so it could be a big surprise.
I will post more SSP updates soon.
Patch Linden (Senior Director, Product Operations) and Grumpity Linden (Senior Director of Product) went live during the (Above the Book) session at VWBPE 2019 yesterday afternoon (4th April) talking about what’s new at Linden Lab.
The session lasted for 55 minutes with a large audience at the VWBPE conference area. There were some updates on the new Linden Homes continent, new user experience and inworld tools in this session but nothing major to announce.
Some highlights worth mentioning were these…
- Linden Homes are about to come out which is a large project, structure of the regions are redesigned to be more organically
- The new continent will grow in time, water expansions/connections and spaces for flying expected to happen
- There are exciting things happening in the pipeline (late 2019/2020)
- The lab are working on IOS text based viewer
- Estate tools will be improving very soon
- Lab not been focused on media on a prim recently
Q&A started at 30 minutes with questions put to Patch Linden and Grumpity Linden from the community. There were mentions of search, mobile, community gateways, groups and much more.
If you have missed any of the VWBPE 2019 sessions so far then you can catch up here.
Part of the new SSP continent has come online along with new region names. It’s believed the next batch of regions will show very soon.
SSP Latest Developments – March 2019 Update
The top of the Jeogeot continent now has a whole bunch of new water regions which is believed to be the new bridge which will connect up with the new SSP continent very soon. This is the most likely location of the new continent will be placed. At the moment the SSP continent lays far north east of the map. It’s closed still as work continues behind the scenes.
- 24 regions straight down/up x 16 regions across = 384 total SSP regions
Here is the bottom of the Sansara continent where it is most likely it will connect up with the SSP continent going down south. The group that owns these regions is the Linden Department of Public Works (LDPW).
The water regions stop at Salt Breeze & Whitecap regions which is marked in the red circle below. If you click the map below you should be able to see the rough outlines of the water regions.
It’s believed the new SSP continent will fit roughly in the empty space right of the red circle below.
The current location of the new SSP continent. The yellow dot is where the new continent will be moved to very soon it’s believed.
I’ll post more updates soon on SSP.