It’s been one year since the first batch of 80 SSP regions arrived on the grid. Back then all we was told it was a Super Secret Project. Many speculated it could be the start of a new continent or perhaps Linden Realms or Horizons etc.
The day after I first blogged about the new batch of regions a new forums thread named SSP? was started. A year later and the thread is still active with 110+ pages. It’s a good place to get first previews of new developments happening. Soon after that the lab did set up a new Linden Homes sub forum.
The Second Life Grid Survey picked up the new SSP regions on 19th August 2018. I discovered the regions on the map the day after on 20th August 2018 with many others. I can’t believe it’s been a year already. Woooot!!
The excitement happened about a few weeks later when more regions were added. This then became the working grounds for the LDPW Moles to start preparations for the new Bellisseria continent. Yay!
In September 2018 the SSP continent grew from 80 regions to 384 regions. New roads, lakes, housing blocks and houseboat slips were put in from October 2018 onwards.
Between October 2018 and January 2019 hundred’s of small dots started to appear across the SSP continent. The new Linden homes foundations were put in. The houseboat slips were built around the outside during this time period.
The SSP continent started to take shape during February 2019 with even more developments going on. Two new small islands appear on the east coast of the continent along with a new message.
At the end of March 2019 the top half of the SSP continent was copied over and placed between the Sansara continent and the Jeogeot continent. Tons of water regions connected the north and south of the new continent making one huge super continent.
The start of the new Bellisseria continent
In mid April 2019 Linden Lab officially launched the new Linden Homes for Premium users. Here is the first snapshot I took of the new continent map on opening day. The first visitors and new homes being released.
More Linden Homes and Houseboats
Between June 2019 – August 2019 the Moles have been working hard on building the central parts of the continent. There are now more Linden homes, houseboats, a new airstrip/fairgrounds area and new underwater areas. More work is planned in the weeks and months ahead.
The Moles are now working on the new Pickle island which is due to be completed next month. The new trailers is being worked on and should be released very soon. The top half of the Bellisseria continent is now online and hopefully the bottom half of the continent will come online before the end of 2019.
Key Moments During The Past Year
- New continent of 80 SSP regions arrives on the grid – 20th August 2018
- New SSP continent grows in size to 384 regions – 2nd September 2018
- OSSM TAKES TIME – 19th February 2019
- Possible connection and location for new SSP continent – 26th March 2019
- New Linden Homes have officially launched – 15th April 2019
- First preview of second batch of new houseboats – 14th May
- Live updates: second batch of houseboats sold out – 14th May
- New Linden Homes being set up in SSPE71 & SSPE72 – 24th May 2019
- New Costner Bay airstrip area discovered – 12th June 2019
- First preview of the new trailer theme at SL16B Spellbound – 20th June 2019
- Pickle island arrives next to Bellisseria continent – 10th August 2019
- The process of adding new regions to the Bellissaria continent – 17th August 2019
It’s been a very busy first year with developments, music events, new groups forming and plenty of discussions on the forums. It’s been great to follow the latest developments and discover new areas. I’m looking forward to see what will happen next.
A very well done job by the Moles and Lindens so far. Woooot!!!