The big news from Epsiode 3 is that the launch of the new SL Blogger Network (SLBN) will either be announced later on today (26th September) or tomorrow on Friday 27th September on the official Second Life blog. Details will be released on the requirements needed to join SLBN along with terms and conditions. This will be one centralised place where everyone can find SL bloggers.
Kess Crystal talked about the history of the blogger network and ways they help bloggers connect with the Second Life community. Sounds very interesting indeed and this is a great opportunity for all bloggers to reach a wider audience.
> This will be a Opt-In
> Basically It’s going to be a feed, where bloggers can sign up and the lab will put your blog on a list. Hopefully there will be categories for the different types of blogs etc.
> The lab have said they will take the first couple of sentences of the blog post and the image. People can then click through to the full blog post. Content will be on Second Life social platforms. Phrase 1 starts this week.
Are you a Second Life blogger looking to expand your reach to a wider audience? You’ll want to consider joining the new Second Life Blogger Network (SLBN). This new initiative will promote high-quality independent blog content to the Second Life community.
Are you excited about the new Second Life Blogger Network ?
Check out the latest new interview with Ebbe Altberg CEO of Linden Lab talking about the future of Second Life and Sansar. Wagner James Au interviewed Ebbe Altberg for 45 minutes at Linden Lab HQ in San Francisco in March 2019.
They chatted about efforts to grow new user growth, land discounts, the upcoming mobile companion app, cloud deployment, improving performance and much more relating to Second Life. With Sansar they chatted about the low usage numbers since the beta launch, Sansar’s long download times and efforts to optimize Sansar.
It’s incredible to think Ebbe Altberg has now been with Linden Lab for over five years and he has achieved a great amount over the years from reducing land costs, the roll out of Mesh, Bento, Animesh, improved the communications with the community, improved the experience for premium members and much more.
Some highlights that I found most interesting,,,
- The new IOS mobile companion app is being worked on. It’s going to be focused on being connected with friends, chat, shopping, customer service and more. The lab are not considering it to be a viewer in the short term.
- New pricing options/discounts are coming soon (within next few months)
- Lot’s of new features (EEP) for Second Life (within weeks)
- Second Life is targeted to move completely to the Amazon cloud within the next 12 months (early – mid 2020)
- The premium subscriber base is growing
- The lab are focused on continuing revenue & user growth for Second Life.
- The lab are now interested in growing the concurrency levels and retention rates
- There are no plans to force migrate Second Life users to Sansar
- There are more people working on Second Life (130+) than Sansar (70+)
- There is work to continue to reduce Sansar long download times
- Sansar is still in beta and still in pre-launch mode
- The lab are shipping big updates every month
For more specific highlights from this interview see here.
Within the last hour Linden Lab have announced a new travelogue video series which will be highlighting incredible experiences, places and events created by the Second Life community. These short quick previews will last around 60-90 seconds each apparently.
Second Life Destinations is a new weekly video travelogue series that highlights some of the incredible experiences and events created by Residents within the virtual world of Second Life.
In this series, we’ll highlight different places focusing in on the beauty and imaginative possibilities in no more than 60-90 seconds so that you can get a quick peek at the creations and communities inside each virtual space. At times we may even speak to creators of theses spaces so they can shed some light on what inspired them. Look for each new episode on our blog and social media channels, including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
I like the sound of this new video series showcasing the very best in Second Life. This looks like a new marketing campaign to advertise Second Life to a much larger audience. I think this new travel series will become even more popular in the months ahead with more inworld spaces being shown.
#3 The Pen in Bay City has been showcased this week – (see video above)
#2 Cica Ghost’s Drawn Town
#1 Snow Falls
More episodes will be added here very soon.