The VWBPE 2015 organisers have announced this year’s keynote speakers and featured speakers via the VWBPE website. It’s a interesting list of speakers I think and for me I’ll be looking forward to Ebbe Altberg keynotes speech the most.
This year marks the 8th annual VWBPE event in Second Life and it’s going to be a fascinating conference from the start to the end. VWBPE 2015 kicks off on 18th March until 21st March 2015 and the theme is Crossroads. See last year’s VWBPE numbers!
Here are the announced speakers for VWBPE 2015!
- Ebbe Altberg will be opening the conference at 1pm SLT on Wednesday 18th March 2015. Ebbe will be speaking about the relationship between Linden Lab and educators.
- Pamela Broviak will be speaking at 7am SLT about virtual spaces and civil engineering on Thursday 19th March 2015.
- Gord Holden will be speaking at 1pm SLT about K-12 education, virtual worlds and experiential learning on Thursday 19th March 2015.
- Jeroen Frans will be speaking at 7am SLT about impressive projects that engage learners on Friday 20th March 2015.
- Sensuous Maximus will be speaking at 1pm SLT about her views on virtual teaching and skill sets on Friday 20th March 2015.
- Susan Toth-Cohen will be speaking at 7am SLT about her life changing work of applying virtual worlds in her graduate program for occupational therapy on Saturday 21st March 2015.
- John Fillwalk will be speaking at 1pm SLT about simulation and virtualization on Saturday 21st March 2015.
- Jay Jay Jegathesan will be speaking at 4pm SLT at the closing about the large span of influence over the arts, research, machinima, teaching, and architecture on Saturday 21st March 2015
For a more in-depth read of the speakers above, see here.
- The VWBPE 2015 Calendar is available here
- Exhibitor space & displays submissions open until 27th February 2015
- Feature your virtual world at the “Post-Conference Virtual World Tour”: submissions until 27th February 2015
- Thinkerer Award: Please nominate your outstanding candidates by 1st March 2015
- Register Here for tickets
Are you excited about VWBPE 2015 ?
Please post your views in comments! :)
Next weekend (6th-8th March) marks the start of 11th annual Relay for Life of Second Life 2015 season and to mark this special occasion there will be fireworks, live performers, games, fund raising events and much more.
This year the Kick Off Weekend is taking everyone back to 2005 and back to the first ever virtual relay in Second Life. It’s going to be great fun and everyone is welcome to attend.
Sunday 8th March 2015
- 9am – 10am SLT – T1 Radio Pre-Kick Off Show
- 10am – 11am SLT – Kick Off Opening Ceremony (including speeches from the RFL of SL 2015 planning committee)
- 11am – 7pm SLT – Live Performers and DJs continue the celebrations
- 6:45pm SLT – Fireworks Show
For the latest news and events for Relay for Life of Second Life 2015, check out these useful links and stay updated. Don’t forget the kick-off celebrations start 7th-8th March 2015 for RFL of SL 2015 and this year marks the 11th season in Second Life. Woooot!
Official Website: http://www.relayforlifeofsecondlife.org
Official Wiki: http://www.relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/wiki
Official Plurk Page: https://www.plurk.com/relayforlifeofsecondlife
Official Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/RelayForLife_SL
Official Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/rflofsl
Official Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/groups/slrelayforlife/
Official Google Plus Page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114793851785833186058/114793851785833186058
Official Tumblr Page: http://relayforlife-sl.tumblr.com/
Official Pinterest Page: http://www.pinterest.com/jwarrhol/2015-relay-for-life-of-second-life/
Official Avatar Social Network Page: https://www.avatarsocialnetwork.com/ASNpage/relayforlifeofsecondlife
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- PAINT SL PURPLE
- DATES: FEBRUARY 21 TO MARCH 7
- WEBSITE: www.relayforlifeofsecondlife.org
- LOCATION: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/American%20Cancer%20Society/219/138/26
It is time to paint the grid purple!! Paint SL Purple, the official lead in to the 2015 Relay For Life of Second Life season, will take place between February 21 and March 7, 2015. Throughout this time, Second Life avatars are invited to paint their homes, businesses, clubs, and land purple, wear purple clothes, purple hair, and even purple skin!
Second Life avatars can pick up the official Paint SL Purple kit at the American Cancer Society Island. This special kit contains purple freebies to help you celebrate the week. Avatars can contact Nuala Maracas or Leala Spire in world to obtain a copy of the free kit or they visit the following slurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/American%20Cancer%20Society/219/138/26
The official Paint SL Kickoff party will be held on Saturday, February 21, 2015 on American Cancer Society Island from 4pm – 9pm. DJ Dee Wolfe will kick off the party at 4 pm slt, followed by Special Guest’s Satin & Erin. DJ Dianne Wycliffe will close the part out from 7pm to 9 pm slt. All parties will take place at the following location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/American%20Cancer%20Society/42/211/609
Search for Paint Second Life Purple (PSLP) in the Second Life event listings to find other parties that are taking place all over the grid throughout this special week.
About Relay For Life of Second Life
Relay For Life is the signature event of the American Cancer Society and has been active, and continually growing in Second Life for 10 years. In 2005, the first Relay For Life of Second Life (RFL of SL) was attended by a few hundred avatars and raised almost $5,000 US dollars for the American Cancer Society. As of July 2014 RFL of SL ranks number 17th out of 5000 teams worldwide in donations received. We have brought in over 2 million US dollars to help with the fight against cancer. This year our Relay weekend will be held on July 17th and 18th.
About the American Cancer Society
For 100 years, the American Cancer Society has been working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together with our millions of supporters, the American Cancer Society (ACS) saves lives by helping people stay well and get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back. The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health, and international organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
For More Information:
Today marks Media Day for the 2015 SL Sci-Fi Convention and the sims will open to bloggers/news media at 12pm SLT through to 8pm SLT. There will be tours and opportunities to take snapshots of the wonderful sci-fi builds.
The sims open to the public at 12:01am SLT on Friday 20th February 2015 and will close on 1st March 2015. The opening ceremony begins at 12pm SLT. This is the 8th annual SL Sci-Fi Convention event and it’s in support of Relay For Life of Second Life, an official charity of the American Cancer Society. The theme is The Future is Now! :)
There are over 100 exhibitors from across the galaxy, many days of activity adventures, live music events, theatre presentations, parties and much more. Join in with the scavenger hunt, have fun in the amusement park, check out the orbital Space Experience and see the shops.
Spread the word and attend the 2015 SL Sci-Fi Convention. I will be exploring the regions and sharing snapshots/blogging in the days ahead. Stay tuned for that. :)
The 8th annual VWBPE conference starts 18th-21st March and the event will be happening on the VWBPE regions in Second Life. The theme is Crossroads this year and here are the deadline targets set by the VWBPE 2015 organizers, see below.
Latest VWBPE 2015 Updates
- The VWBPE 2015 calendar is now live – see here for times, dates and info
- Exhibit submissions extended until 27th February 2015
- Post-conference VWBPE Virtual World Explorations submissions have to be received by 27th February 2015.
- The Thinkerer Award – deadline for nominations is 1st March 2015
- Registration is still open – attendance is free this year for SL/OpenSim platforms
I’m looking forward to attending VWBPE 2015 and I’m interested to hear more during the conference. In previous years it’s been a really good experience and the attendance numbers are pretty much high every time. I’m looking forward to hearing from Ebbe Linden and many more during the 2015 conference.
Just under a month to go until the event gets underway. Yay! :)