Over the past few months there has been a thread on the Second Life Forums named Premium Plus – What are your must have features and what are you willing to pay for it which is worth following I think (9 pages+ so far).
As many know already the lab are due to announce details about Premium Plus sometime before the end of March 2022 (Q2 2022). It’s been in the works for the past few years or so and Premium Plus has been given the green light as it was mentioned on the 2022 roadmap for Second Life. It says “a new upgrade option with added features and extras“,
I will be surprised if most of these must have features below will be included in the whole package when it launches. We will have to wait and see.
The Community Wishlist….
- Larger land plots like 2048/4096
- Cheaper tier prices
- Lower upload fees & free basic uploads like sounds and images
- Free name changes or option to change name once a year
- Bigger weekly allowance (L$500+)
- The ability to own a homestead without owning a full region
- More group slots (100 or so)
- More profile picks
- Free event listings
- 24/7 support
- Ability to share inventory with an alt account
- Ability to save notecards to hard drive
- Increased attachment limits and animesh attachments
- More premium gifts
- A 2nd Linden Home & increase number of Linden Home claims per day
- Access to previous last names
- Transferring Lindens from the dashboard
- Multiple marketplace stores
- And the list goes on….
Current Premium Benefits…..
I hope Premium Plus will be worth it for the Second Life community when the lab announces details of it very soon. The pricing of Premium Plus will need to work for Linden Lab and the residents. Basic, Premium & Premium Plus should be the way forward now.
I think most are now waiting to see what Premium Plus will offer everyone with two weeks or less to go. It needs to have the surprise factor along with something new basically.
What do you think Premium Plus should be like ? Feel free to comment below and spread the word.