Within the past 24 hours 12 new regions have been added on the east side of the Newbrooke sub continent showcasing Modern Linden Homes. The region names are Jazz Band, Funky Blues, Okay Pop, Prince Charming, Fitz Inn, Picnic Grove, Judge Knott, Bullwinkle, Lavenders Blue, Dot Matrix, Hexadecimal, Shields Brook. They are all showing Black for some reason and will update very soon showing the right visuals.
Work is now underway to complete these regions for release very soon. These new regions are open to the public.
Patch Linden has said this week that “Due to the popularity and dwindling availability of the larger parcel variants, you may see the map update soon with a number of new regions being prepared to increase Newbrooke availability to meet demand. We hope that you continue to enjoy the Newbrooke theme!“.
This means that you can expect to see more new regions being added in the coming weeks to the Newbrooke sub continent as demand grows. It’s probably going to be double the size before Easter arrives. There is plenty of room to grow on the west, south and north side of the Newbrooke sub continent.
Newbrooke Covenant Update
On Friday 11th March 2022 Patch Linden posted a Newbrooke covenant update including two additional lines (outlined in bold below).
As a follow-up to the conversation some of you may have noticed on the forums, we are further clarifying the covenant with two new additional lines:
* Additions to Newbrooke houses must be in the Newbrooke style (flat roof shipping container homes) and blend in seamlessly with the neighborhood theme. Garage and room additions are permitted while maintaining architectural consistency with the theme (eg. roof line, colors, trim, etc).
* Newbrooke homes should not be modified architecturally with exterior add-ons, such as roof altering additions or changes that are out of theme. Items such as roof top gardens, decks, porch and overhang extensions are permitted.
Additionally, we have been noticing people are rezzing outside of their parcel boundaries more than usual on Newbrooke. While we’re not going to be hypercritical and measure down to the millimeter, we do want to remind you that per the New Linden Homes Covenant, public space outside your parcel lines is just that: space for the public. Please take extra care not to extend objects outside of your parcel in a way that will block, wall off, or “claim” public areas for yourself to the exclusion of other residents. Items such as these could be subject to object returns upon report/discovery.
Current Progress Update
- The Moles are still working on the Chalet sub continent and the Fantasy sub continents adding more Linden Homes and adding the finishing touches due to be completed within the next month or so at best estimates.
- Work has already started on the new 12 added regions on the east side of the Newbrooke sub continent.
- No updates yet on when the north side of the logs home continent will be finished or the west side of the chalet sub continent
What’s Next ?
The Asian theme seems likely to be next Linden Home theme to be announced I think as it’s the only theme from the original old Linden Home continents that has not been duplicated yet in the Bellisseria continent. It may be something different like sci-fi, tinys, ancient, desert, ultimate Retro etc. We might hear something at VWBPE 2022 which is only three weeks away now (31st March to 2nd April 2022).
What do you think the next Linden Home theme should be ?
NEW: Linden Lab will be announcing details about Premium Plus before end of March 2022. Q2 2022 starts 1st April through until 30th June 2022 so I would imagine it will launch in this time window. This may relate to the red theme colour SSP regions.
We will have to wait and see what happens.
More development updates will be posted very soon on my blog.