Keira Linden mentioned some things about the development of the Second Life mobile client during this week’s Web User Group meeting. The whole meeting is now available above on YouTube which lasts for one hour. See some of the meeting highlights below.
- The lab are still working on some bugs and they hope to have something in the app store soon
So basically the IOS app that the lab has been working on did not make it back to Apple to pass in April 2021. Linden Lab QA found more issues that needed to be addressed internally recently. The wait continues now for the lab to address these issues and then being able to send the IOS app to Apple to pass through their evaluation process. This could take weeks or another few months.
- No updates this month
The lab are still working on the development of the Android version of the Second Life mobile client.
May 2021 Meeting Highlights
- The revamped Second Life homepage has received mixed feedback
- There is still post Uplift internal work going on
- No further updates on Premium Plus
- The limited edition Last Names have been removed from the Last Names list. The hope is to have more special edition type names in the near future
- The What’s Hot section of the Second Life Destination Guide has been revised to show more of the populated places
- Search indexing fixed to find people more easily inworld
- Keira will be creating a plan to start putting some marketplace changes in place (visual launch – probably later in 2021)
- The lab are still working from home (all teams have been working great together)
- And more – see video at top of this blog post
- The theme for SL18B is “Hidden Worlds”
- Lot’s of things can be considered for hidden worlds
- More coming soon on SL18B – keep checking the Second Life blog
The next Web User Group meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 2nd June at 2pm SLT.