Tenth Annual OpenSim Grid Survey Open
Maria Korolov has opened up the Tenth Annual OpenSim Grid Survey where everyone can vote for their favourite OpenSim grid. The survey includes the top 15 most popular OpenSim grids from the latest monthly stats report. This helps “the community improve, and help give newcomers to OpenSim some ideas for places to explore!”.
It’s strongly recommended to vote once for the OpenSim grid that you spend the most time on during the week. If you have any feedback for any OpenSim grid then this is a great opportunity to put something down. The deadline for submissions is midnight (SLT) on Sunday 27th October 2019. The results will be published on Monday 28th October 2019.
- Sacrarium received the highest overall scores from last year’s 2018 OpenSim Grid Survey
- Littlefield received the highest overall scores for 2017 OpenSim Grid Survey
- AllCity received the highest overall scores for 2016 OpenSim Grid Survey
- InWorldz received the largest number of responses for the 2015 OpenSim Grid Survey
Latest OpenSim News – October 2019
OpenSim Land Area Increased This Month – Link
- Went up by 3, 300 regions this month
- Largest growth recorded on OSgrid which gained more than 1, 500 regions
- Total OpenSim land area this month was the equivalent of 81, 866 standard regions.
- The public grids also reported a total of 394, 885 registered users and 35, 716 active users.
Sixth Annual Tangle Grid Halloween Expo (continues until 19th November) – Link
- The expo is fully accessible to hypergrid visitors at tanglegrid.net:8002:expo isle.
- Learn how to hypergrid here
Tag Marketplace Gaining Fast On Kitely’s – Link
- Tag Grid merchants added 4, 058 new item listings, while Kitely merchants added 2, 289.
- Kitely is still in the lead with a total of 32, 449 different items, compared to Tag’s 21, 566.
2019 OpenSim Conference Seeks Presenters – Link
- Visit the OSCC’s Call for Proposals page and fill out the form
- This year’s conference will focus on visions of the future and the evolution of the platform.
- It will take place on December 14 and 15 and will include presentations about creative, educational, technical, and experiential topics.
- Each speaker session will be 20 minutes long.
- The conference will also feature community-sponsored tours, an Expo, content give-aways and hypergrid exploration.
OSCC19 Conference Key Dates
- November 3, 2019 – Proposals are due by 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time).
- November 10, 2019 – Proposal acceptance emails and with conference information.
- November 17, 2019 – Accepted speakers must register for the conference to create an entry in the conference schedule and the program.
- November 23, 2019 – Speaker Orientation & Training sessions and Presenter Booth Setup to prepare speakers for the conference.
- December 3, 2019 – Deadline for stage props and audio-visuals (beyond textures) for the conference program.
- December 14-15, 2019 – OSCC19 Conference dates!