On Monday 17th December the Firestorm Team announced the long-awaited Firestorm Animesh update (v126.96.36.199538). The new Animesh feature in Firestorm is a public beta currently. The full Animesh supported Firestorm release will be coming in early 2019.
This new viewer release 6.0.1 is now fully merged to the 6.0.0 Linden code-base. There are plenty of changes, bug fixes, improvements in this latest release. See the full change log below.
You can now view and get sample Animesh at the following locations:
- Animesh 1: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh1/125/131/23
- Animesh 2: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh2/93/76/23
- Animesh 3: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh3/145/165/23
- Animesh 4: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh4/99/128/23
- Animesh 5: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh5/116/126/23
- Animesh Adult: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Animesh%20Adult/125/132/23
Other changes in this new release…
- Firestorm 6.0.1 is fully merged up to the 6.0.0 Linden code-base, and it also has some cherry-picked fixes from upstream.
- Animesh! Animesh is a new feature developed by Linden Lab that allows non-avatar objects to play animations like avatars do today.
Linden Lab Animesh blog post: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2445-animesh-is-here/
- Various improvements to the mesh uploader.
For details see Beq Janus’s blog: https://beqsother.blogspot.com/2018/12/easing-pain-of-importing-mesh.html
- Added autoreplace to notecards.
- Added a transparency indicator for invisiprims. When “Highlight Transparent” (CTRL+ALT+T) is used, invisiprims will now be highlighted in green.
- Added an option to extend the basic script information feature with various details useful for builders
- Added a Whisper Chat Ring to the Minimap & made each chat range ring in the Minimap optional.
- Improved LSL Bridge Flight Assist.
- Added the ability to change the color of the Area Search beacon.
- LOADS of bug fixes, optimizations and improvements!