On Thursday 15th November 2018 Grumpity Linden, Oz Linden, and Patch Linden hosted a live town hall meeting with the Second Life community to answer many questions. Here is the full video of the special town hall event which runs for 1 hour and 26 seconds. For the live inworld chat during the town hall meeting. see here.
This was a great opportunity for the Second Life community to find out what the Linden Lab execs do behind the scenes and to find out more about the future. There was a good attendance for this town hall meeting.
Things that I took away from the town hall meeting..
- Linden Lab is pleased with the response to lowering mainland tier. Resident owned mainland is at levels they haven’t seen for some time
- The return of last names is still being worked on and it will probably wont be ready for deployment until Q2 2019. It may cost as much as several months of premium. Name change only for people with premium membership
- Linden Lab are working on new genres for Linden Homes and parcels will come in difference sizes. It looks like the new SSP continent will be the new Linden Homes continent.
- Animesh shipped this week on the grid and the viewer is in release
- Linden Lab are looking at possible new features for Premium members including adding more group slots in 2019
- There is a major project for 2019 to renew the Mainland group textures which is possible
- Marketplace wish lists, favourites, bug fixes work continues quickly
- Grid wide experiences will be coming next year when premium accounts get upgrades
- The cloud migration is a big project still and more work still need to be done for moving stuff
- SL rail system needs work on and its on the roadmap
- The classic system avatar is not being phased out
I hope there will be more Town Hall meetings from the lab during 2019 because it’s great to hear about all the developments happening in Second Life.