Private Estates Positive Growth Update
According to Tyche Shepherd via VirtualVerse on 23rd September 2018 the year to date for private estates net change is now positive with the addition of 45 regions (0.3% growth) since 31st December 2017. This means the total amount of main grid regions has regrown to the size it was back in April 2017. Yay! 🙂
This is very good news to hear positive growth for private estates in 2018 so far. I think the summer price reductions on land this year in Second Life has made a positive difference this year. The grid is slowly growing again and I hope this trend will continue.
Here are the latest Second Life region statistics as of 30th September 2018:
- Main Grid Regions: 23, 785
- Private Estates: 16, 146
- Linden Owned: 7, 639
- YTD Net Change for Private Estates: +40 (0.2% increase over the year)
- – Adult rated regions: 5, 864 – (24.7% of the grid)
- – General rated regions: 2, 909 – (12.2% of the grid)
- Maximum Daily Concurrency: 50, 000
- Minimum Daily Concurrency: 28, 000
- Median Daily Concurrency: 42, 000
Second Life Signups
As of 30th September 2018 there have been 56, 326, 674 signups for Second Life to date.