On the Sansar section on Reddit there have been many new submissions posted in the past week or so which is worth checking out. Sansar_Peter otherwise known as Pete Linden who is the Director of Global Communications in Second Life replied to various submissions giving updates on Sansar. The official start of summer is fast approaching and there is still high interest for Sansar.
Here are some updates that I found most interesting on the upcoming Sansar Creator Beta.
Latest Sansar News – June 2017
- Linden Lab has so far invited a few thousand creators to date and more invites are being sent out now. The plan is to open up Sansar Creator Beta this summer but no specific date has been announced yet. If you are still interested apply at sansar.com.
- There will be upcoming additional PR and asset releases from the lab on Sansar as the launch of Sansar approaches this summer.
- Sansar is not intended to replace Second Life or be a sequel version of it.
- Adult content will not be allowed during the opening of Sansar Creator Beta. The lab wants Sansar to be an open platform that makes it easier to make all kind of experiences.
- Sansar will work on the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and on PCs.
- When Sansar Creator Beta opens there will be many features and functionality still being worked on.
- PBR materials will work with Sansar in the distant future
- The Sansar pricing model is being worked on at the moment. The lab is planning to make it as inexpensive as possible for everyone to create and share their own social VR experiences.
- Sansar has come a long way since the lab invited the first external creators. Sansar will continue to improve and evolve with each new update.
For the latest Reddit Sansar submissions, see here.