The first details have been revealed for resident run Second Life 13th birthday celebrations (SL13B) which starts with a week-long of live performances from 12pm SLT on Sunday 19th June through until Sunday 26th June 2016. The sims will remain open for viewing until 3rd July 2016.
This year’s theme for the SL12B Community Celebration is “The Shared Adventure“.
SL13B is a community-led, community-made celebration made up of builders, performers, volunteers and participants–and of course, celebrators!
The SL13B regions (17 new sims) have arrived on the grid and you can expect in the weeks ahead building/transformation work will be starting. It will be great to see the visual map changes over the weeks/months ahead. 🙂
Second Life officially turns 13 years old on Thursday 23rd June 2016.
SL13B Timeline – early details at the moment
- Saturday, June 18: Press Day
- Sunday, June 19, noon SLT: Opening Day
- Thursday June 23: The Birthday
- Sunday, June 19 to Sunday, June 26: Sims open with performances
- Monday, June 27 to Sunday, July 3: Sims open for viewing, no performances
Participate in SL13B
Still early days at the moment, applications will open soon for building parcels, performing, volunteering and press,
- Building Infrastructure – applications open soon!
- Infrastructure Build Requirements – worth reading if you are interested
We’re starting to gear up for SL13B. Behind the scenes, we are placing orders for plywood, landscaping pixels, and pulling out the cake recipe.
This year we are publicly solicting builders to create the stages and public areas of SL13B. If you’re a sim builder who would like to put a feather in your cap, please apply.
Useful SL13B Links – keep updated on the latest news
- SL Community Celebration Website
- SL13B Facebook Page
- SL13B Flickr Group
- SL13B Twitter Page
- SL13B Google+ Page
Yay, 86 days and counting until SL13B Community Celebrations begin.