The 1920s Berlin Project in Second Life is celebrating it’s 5th anniversary this weekend and to mark this special occasion there will be five days of events from 29th May through to 2nd June 2014. On 30th May 2009 the 1920s Berlin Project officially opened to the public for the first time.
It’s been a huge success over the years and it’s a nice city to visit in Second Life. Everyone is welcome to celebrate five amazing years of the 1920s Berlin Project in Second Life and it’s now time to party. Latest updates can be found on The 1920s Berlin Project Facebook page.
What is the 1920s Berlin Project ?
Travel back in time to this big city during an amazing era. Wander down Unter den Linden, explore the dirty old back streets, see a movie at the cinema, visit the museum, enjoy cabaret, dance the Charleston in a small Tanzlokal or at the gay Eldorado club in this role-play sim with a 1920s dress code (freebies provided).
Landmark > SLURL
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 29
- All day: Open Door Day
- “On this day everyone is welcome to visit our sim ‘as they are’, with other words, you can ignore our strict 1920s dress code and you can also use non human avatars”.
- “Several of our tenants will also open their doors and an ‘Open House’ sign will show you where you can enter and explore how the people in the city live”.
- “Berlin tenants who want to sign up for this, please contact Herr Sein Loire“.
Friday, May 30
- 1:00 PM SLT – Kids’ Soap Box Derby @ Tiergarten *prizes*
- 2:00 PM SLT – 5th Anniversary Dance @ Pariser Platz (At the foot of the Brandenburger Tor) with DJ Myron Byron
- 4-ish PM SLT – After party @ Kling Studio
Saturday, May 31
- 11:00 AM SLT – Tea Dance @ Hotel Adlon
- 12:00 PM SLT – Miss Berlin Pageant rehearsal @ The Odeon
- 1:00 PM SLT – Happy Hour Talent Show @ Biergarten *prizes*
- 2:00 PM SLT – Eldorado Anniversary Special
Sunday, June 1
- 11:00 AM SLT – Scavenger Hunt @ Train station *prizes*
- 12:00 PM SLT – Miss Berlin Pageant @ The Odeon *NO prizes, except the power and the glory*
- 1:00 PM SLT – Flapperettes 2nd Anniversary Party @ Bauhaus rooftop, Unter den Linden 17
- 2:00 PM SLT – Benefit Auction Happy Hour @ Bauhaus rooftop, Unter den Linden 17 (as always, a lot of great items have been donated for your bidding)
- 4:00 PM SLT – Church Service *a prize for all attendees*
- 5:00 PM SLT – Movie screening @ Babylon
- 7:00 PM SLT – Flapperettes 2nd Anniversary Party (part 2) @ Bauhaus rooftop
Monday, June 2
- Relaxed Rules Day: All day
More historical snapshots can be found here.