On Sunday 18th May 2014 Bay City celebrated it’s 6th anniversary in Second Life with a exciting parade down route 66 with live concert afterwards in the North Channel region. Over 50 residents attended the 6th anniversary celebrations which started from 12pm SLT through to late afternoon.
- 12:04pm SLT – Parade groups are now preparing for the 6th annual parade. 35 residents are in the region at the moment. Head over and join the celebrations at Bay City – Harwich (16, 12, 23).
- 12:15pm SLT – See the new Bay City 6th Anniversary 2014 Parade Route. Starts 12:30pm SLT!
- 12:33pm SLT – The 6th annual Bay City parade starts and moves down route 66.
- 1pm SLT – The parade arrives at the Fairgrounds over at the North Channel region in Second Life currently. This year marked another successful parade with excitement throughout.
- 1:40pm SLT – The live concert is well underway and there are 46 avs in the region at the stage dancing to great music. Marianne McCann said a couple of words about the passing of Ever Dreamscape.
- 2pm SLT – The live concert is going really well and everyone is having fun
4pm SLT – The party continues in North Channel with live music and guests. It’s been another amazing anniversary and I’ll look forward to next year’s celebrations when Bay City turns 7.
Bay City 6th Anniversary Press Release
BAY CITY, SL (17 May, 2014) – This Sunday, the 18th of May, 2014, Bay City celebrates its sixth anniversary as part of the Second Life Grid™.
The celebration will start at noon SLT/PDT, with a parade lineup at the bandshell in Bay City – Harwich. The parade will make its way down Route 66 beginning at 12:30 p.m. SLT/PDT, concluding at the Bay City Fairgrounds in the North Channel region.
A live concert will kick off at 1:30 p.m. SLT/PDT at the Fairgrounds, featuring Christov Kohnke, Ultraviolet Alter, and Winston Ackland, and including GoSpeed Racer of KONA Stream providing music leading into the event.
All Residents of the Second Life grid are encouraged to participate.Posters, banners, parade float bases, and other goods are available at the Bay City Community Center, in the Daley Bay region, for those who wish to be a part of the parade, and able viewing area is provided. The music event is also open to all who desire to attend.
The event is dedicated to recently passed Bay City Resident Ever Dreamscape, who had helped arrange this and many other Bay City events since she came to Bay City in 2011.
Bay City is a mainland community, developed by Linden Lab™ and home to the Bay City Alliance. The Bay City Alliance was founded in 2008 to promote the Bay City regions of Second Life™ and provide a venue for Bay City Residents and other interested parties to socialize and network. It is now the largest Bay city group, and home to most Residents of Bay City.