Tranquillity Dexler published a new InWorldz development roadmap for 2014 on the InWorldz Tech Blog today. The roadmap goes into great detail about the current development work list from the InWorldz team and it includes upcoming features coming during 2014.
These are really wonderful plans and I can’t believe how many projects there are in the roadmap. I’m very excited about the future and it’s great being part of a fast growing grid.
There is so much to look forward to this year on the grid of InWorldz in 2014 and here is a summary of the new features below.
- Maestro – Grid Management > (Code is 95% complete, beta testing starts within a week)
- InWorldz Viewer 2.x – Pushing to be the default download > (First quarter of 2014)
- Scenic region partner rezzing > (100% complete, in testing)
- InWorldz “Project Stratus” hybrid asset system > (80% complete, in development)
Short term changes coming soon
- Physics accelerated llCastRay is now available on the beta grid (Matt)
- llSetKeyframedMotion in development (Matt)
- Fixes and improvements for many physics functions including llMoveToTarget/region crossing and physical object grab and drag. (Balpien Hammerer)
- Many fixes for vehicle functions including boat hulls seemingly scraping/bottoming out even in deep channels. (Balpien Hammerer)
- Vehicle fixes in progress to make more SL vehicle scripts behave closer to how they work in SL.(Balpien Hammerer)
Upcoming features in 2014
- InWorldz InShape – open beta testing and launch > (Q1 2014)
- Project Thoosa Phase 2 & 3 > (estimate Q2-3 2014)
- Full analysis and debugging for region crossing and teleport issues due to client side interaction > (estimate Q1 2014)
- Website makeover and support work > (estimate Q3/4 2014)
Deadlines not set yet
- Export permission implementation
- Inter-region communications enhancements and fixes
- Object name registry
There will be more improvements made to InWorldz during 2014 including performance, reliability and new features. InWorldz will be using a large amount of resources for promotion this year and revamping the registration process to improve the user’s end experience. InWorldz will for sure increase in numbers in terms of more active users, regions and popularity.
In the past month according to Hypergrid Business InWorldz had 7,576 active users, gained 1,803 new registered users and has a total of 1,327 regions making it one of the most popular OpenSim grids there is currently.
Big cheers to the InWorldz founders and developers for making InWorldz more amazing and better than ever before. Woooot!🙂