This is the last post of 2013 that I’ll be publishing. The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys have prepared my 2013 annual report and here are the final results. Wooooot!!!
Crunchy numbers for 2013
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 110,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 5 days for that many people to see it.
In 2013, there were 351 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 1,781 posts. There were 784 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 129 MB. That’s about 2 pictures per day.
The busiest day of the year was October 26th with710 views. The most popular post that day was Peter Gray from Linden Lab responds to Kylie Sabra about TOS changes .
Attractions in 2013
These are the posts that got the most views in 2013.
How did they find you?
Where did they come from?
That’s 171 countries in all!
Most visitors came from The United States. The United Kingdom & Germany were not far behind.
Who were they?
These were your 5 most active commenters:
2011 & 2012 annual reports
Wow and thanks so much to everyone that has viewed my blog this year. More great things to come in 2014. Happy New Year 2014! 🙂
In 2013 the SL community lost many well known friends and the grid again lost great talent. They will never be forgotten and the good memories will be with us forever. It’s so sad hearing about well known SL avatars passings during the year and my condolences goes to the family/friends affected.
Tributes go to the following…
Rest in peace. We will miss you!
If you know of any others that passed away in Second Life during 2013, please comment below and lets remember.
There is just hours before 2014 officially starts around the world and it’s time to look ahead to the big events happening in Second Life during 2014. Here is the updated list of events with confirmed dates for next year.
Second Life 11th Birthday
- Second Life will be 11 years old on June 23rd 2014
The Drax Files Radio Hour 2014
- Launches on 10th January 2014
Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 2014
- The conference is being held on 9th-12th April 2014
- More details can be found here
2nd annual OpenSim Conference 2014
Relay for Life of Second Life 2014
- RFL Kick-Off Celebration starts on 8th March 2014
- Fashion For Life starts on 8th-17th March 2014
- Paint SL Purple starts on 4th-10th April 2014
- 7th annual Home & Garden Expo starts on 15th-27th May 2014
- Relay Weekend starts on 19th-20th July 2014
- More special events can be found here
Bay City 6th Anniversary 2014
- Bay City community in Second Life will reach it’s 6th anniversary in mid-May 2014 (19th or 20th)
- Other Bay City events include: Mole Day, Hot Bay City Nights, Tree Lighting, Fashion Week and more!
One Billion Rising 2014
- 2nd annual event in Second Life expected to take place on 14th February 2014
SL Blogger Conference 2014
- The SL Blogger conference will be held on 7th to 9th February 2014
- Apply Here
5th anniversary of 1920s Berlin 2014
- Due to take place in mid-late May 2014
- Due to take place in mid-late October 2014
4th anniversary of Emphatic Eccentricia 2014
Skin Fair 2014
- The Skin Fair will take place on 14th to 30th March 2014
Second Life Hunts 2014
I wish everyone a Happy New Year 2014 and please share what SL events you are looking forward to during 2014 in comments. Thanks! 🙂
A new SL Blogger Conference is being planned currently it seems for 2014 to discuss everything about Second Life Blogging which sounds very interesting indeed. The SL Blogger conference will be held on 7th to 9th February 2014.
This is a great chance to share SL blogging experiences with others on the grid and learn more about blogging in general. If you are interested in being a speaker then check out the Google Docs page to apply.
2013 has been a great year for OpenSim with huge growth in regions, users and active users. This month the top 40 OpenSim grids passed the big 30, 000 regions mark and now has nearly 4,000 more regions than Second Life. I would imagine the positive trend will continue into 2014 and 2015+.
For the first time on my blog I’m highlighting the big opensim memorable events and new records from 2013 that I’ve covered this year.
- Nothing to report during this month
Wow, it’s been a busy year blogging about OpenSim grids during 2013 as you can see above and I can’t wait to blog more about OpenSim grids during 2014.
Bring on 2014! 🙂
Ready for Love Festival 2013 – January 13, 2013
One Billion Rising 2013 – February 14th 2013
Raglan Shire Artwalk 2013 – May 5th 2013
HOME EXPO 3 – May 23rd 2013
SL10B History Walk – June 17th 2013
4th of July Town – July 4th 2013
Relay for Life of Second Life 2013 – July 14th 2013
Firestorm 3rd birthday celebrations – September 5th 2013
Virtual Ability Auditorium visit – September 23rd 2013
Grendel’s Children visit – October 1st 2013
Owl eating breakfast at BURN2 2013 – October 28th 2013
My 7th rezday in Second Life – October 31st 2013
Brasil Rio Surf visit – November 17th 2013
The Bay City Tree Lighting 2013 – December 8th 2013
2013 Avi Choice Awards – December 16th 2013
Owl christmas at Bay City 2013
Draxtor Despres started the new series of The Drax Files back in March 2013 and there have been 15 brilliant and very fascinating videos featuring many different avatars/places across Second Life. The stories have been amazing with so many emotions and fantastic adventures. As of today the The Drax Files video series has been viewed 84, 736 times on YouTube which has been so popular with the SL community since March 2013. I can’t wait to see what Drax will film in 2014 and its going to rock for sure. Each episode is very unique in it’s own way I think and it really does showcase the best of Second Life.
Which episode of The Drax Files is your favourite of 2013 ?
What should Drax film in Second Life in 2014 ?
This is the second special post looking back at the last six months of 2013 in Second Life on what happened between July to December 2013.
There have been many Linden Lab announcements, big SL news stories and big events that shaped Second Life during the past six months of 2013.
See my first special post of my year in review from the first six months of 2013 in Second Life from January to June 2013. There are just five days left until the brand new year 2014.
Big Improvements made to Second Life in 2013 which is worth mentioning…
- Linden Lab added more than 3, 000 new entries added to the Second Life Destination Guide during 2013
- Project Sunshine added faster and more reliable avatar loading speeds
- Project Interesting reduced load times and the time to draw objects in regions
- Materials support enabled everyone to create photorealistic textured objects inworld using normal and specular maps
- The Fitted Mesh Project expanded the creative potential of mesh
- CHUI introduced a new hub user interface to communicate inworld
- SLShare introduced an opt-in feature to share inworld locations, photos, check-ins with Facebook
In 2014 I’m really excited about the following things…
- Second Life on Mobile devices
- Full integration of the Oculus Rift
- And there is more!
Wow, so much has happened in Second Life during 2013 with many ups and downs. I wonder what 2014 has to offer ? and hopefully it will be a great year for everyone.
You can expect more blogging and more great snapshots in 2014 from me in Second Life/OpenSim grids. I’m excited for the new year ahead in Second Life.
Thanks so much for reading my blog posts and supporting me during 2013. *smiles* – Bring on 2014!
There are just five days left until the new year 2014 starts officially and now it’s time to look back at the stats on my blog during 2013. All the stats below are from my Site Stats page on the WordPress Dashboard page. I would like to say thanks so much for visiting my blog over the past year and there is more great blog posts to come next year. Woooot!!!
Most viewed blog posts on my blog during 2013
- Second Life statistics 2013 spring update – 2,677 views
- New mesh enabled InWorldz Beta Viewer 126.96.36.199227 – 1,707 views
- Peter Gray from Linden Lab responds to Kylie Sabra about TOS changes – 984 views
- Second Life statistics 2013 autumn update – 830 views
- Second Life Extensions on Google Chrome – 760 views
Most clicked links on my blog during 2013
- WordPress.com Media – 1,197 clicks
- slurl.com – 1,193 clicks
- maps.secondlife.com – 973 clicks
- market.android.com – 866 clicks
- inworldz.com – 715 clicks
Most commented blog posts during 2013
- Private Estates in Second Life drop under the 20, 000 regions mark – 26 comments
- Poll: Has Linden Lab Terms of Service affected you? – 24 comments
- Today marks my 7th Rezday in Second Life – 22 comments
Most searched terms on my blog during 2013
- slcc results 2013 – 242 views
- second life app – 141 views
- daniel voyager – 138 views
- relay for life – 125 views
- inworldz – 120 views
Most views by Country during 2013
- United States – 49,787 views
- United Kingdom – 10,691 views
- Germany – 6,874 views
- Canada – 5,153 views
- Netherlands – 2,967
Most referrers during 2013
- Search Engines – 48,026 views
- Twitter – 2,766 views
- Facebook – 2,222 views
- plurk.com – 2,160 views
- Google+ – 1,220 views
Other interesting stats during 2013
- In 2013 my blog was viewed 109,458 times.
- In October 2013 my blog was viewed 11,230 times which is a new record. Also the average in the month was a new high of 362 views per day.
- There are now 391 blog followers following through wordpress and via email only.
- In total so far my blog has been viewed 263, 466 times since December 2007.
- In total so far there have been 3, 751 comments since December 2007.
- In total so far I’ve published 1,777 blog post since December 2007.
On Tuesday 31st December 2013 Bay City will be hosting its special annual Prim Drop event in Second Life to celebrate the new year 2014 at the well-known Bay City Fairgrounds. The event starts from 11:30pm SLT which will include live entertainment and music for many hours . This is a great opportunity to hang out with friends here and spread the word about this special Bay City Prim Drop event only in Second Life.
Here is a early sneak preview of the Prim Drop today.
Only 6 days to go until 2014!