Virtual Ability Island will be hosting the International Disability Rights Advocacy Conference in Second Life on Friday 27th and Saturday 28th of September 2013.
At the conference there will be information about the wider community of disability rights affirmation from around the world. There will be panels of people talking about facts, figures about disability rights where they live.
Confirmed presenters at this time include:
• an education professor speaking about inclusive education
• an executive from the Center for International Rehabilitation
Research Information and Exchange (CIRRIE) who will talk on World Report on Disability
• a physics teacher for Deaf students from the US
• an expert on inclusive emergency preparedness
• a facilities accessibility evaluator from the Netherlands
• a staffer from the Job Accommodation Network about facilitating employment
• a professor from Ghana who will talk about health care literacy among people with disabilities
• an expert on the training of community-based rehabilitation personnel in South Africa
• researchers on support systems for women living with chronic pain
Mark this conference on your calendar today and come along to find out more.