At midnight SLT today the SL10B regions closed for public access for another year after two weeks of celebrating Second Life 10th birthday. The first week of live music and events was a huge success I think. The second week was a nice relaxing week exploring the builds I missed in the first week and the final party was amazing. View my SL10B snapshots here.
Overall there was more blog coverage this year on SL10B, more visitors, less lag, more positive views this year and it was good to see Lindens attending the birthday celebrations too. This year the lab took part in providing SL10B freebies, there was more blog posts on the SL official blog this year and there was more SL10B locations to visit on the SL Destination Guide this year. A big thanks to all the SL10B organisers, volunteers, and builders etc that made this year awesome and for making this 10th birthday celebration possible.
To mark the closing there was first a SL10B flags event where all the SL10B flags were lowered for the last time. After there was a awesome firework display at the main cake stage. Then finally hundreds of avatars gathered for 8 hours yesterday at the Turtle Stage for the final live music party of the SL10B Community Celebration and it was really great to see everyone having fun.
- What are your views of SL10B this year ?
- What are your suggestions for SL11B in June 2014?
SL10B – Thank You!
My SL10B Blog Coverage
- SL10B Press Tours
- SL10B Opening Day
- SL10B History Walk
- Historical maps of SL Birthdays
- SL10B Bear Island & The Corn Field
- Latest SL10B videos worth watching
- SL10B Pod Tours
- SL10B shown on SL Login Screen
- SL10B Clanis Telehub
- SL10B Classy Souvenirs of SL
- Last day of live SL10B events
- Second Life officially turns 10 years old
- SL10B regions remain open until 29th June 2013
- SL10B Stats
- SL10B Time Capsule First Preview
- SL10B Closing Ceremony events on the final day
This marks the end of my SL10B blog coverage and thanks to all my SL blog readers for reading my special blog reports on SL10B. I guess the countdown starts now for SL11B which planning starts in early 2014. I can’t wait to take part!