A great challenge was started recently by Strawberry Singh to answer questions about blogging about Second Life which has started a domino effect across the SL blogosphere. This is my Blog Meme below!
- How long have you been blogging? Since 18th December 2007
- Why did you start blogging? I started my Second Life journey on the Teen Grid starting from the 31st October 2006 and back then the grid was very tiny. There was more blog coverage on the main grid of Second Life and nothing really on the Teen Grid so I decided to make a WordPress Blog about Teen Grid news, developments and events. I transferred to the main grid of Second Life when I turned 18 years old in December 2008 then continued reporting on big news and big events in Second Life which I enjoy doing.
- How many times a week do you post an entry? Depending on the latest SL/OpenSim news its anywhere between 3-6 posts a week.
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Hundreds on Google Reader (includes SL/opensim forums and social networks on a daily basis).
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Sometimes if it’s interesting and if it’s going to have a impact/change Second Life.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Yes, on WordPress Stats page on a regular basis. I normally get over 8, 000 hits per month with a average of 200-500 views every day. I’ll love to have more this year and future ones.
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Nope.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Yes, I believe so.
- Do you blog under your real name? Nope. I just use my Second Life name.
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? Not really. I’ll blog about interesting SL happenings and I’m always open to new things to blog about.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? Second Life and OpenSim news.
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? No. I use my blog. Plurk, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Google+ and SL web profile to communicate with SL friends.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? It give me confidence and something to be proud of mostly. Its a great way of informing and communicating important stuff to my SL blog readers.
- So, why do you continue to blog? It’s good fun to write about Second Life events and news. It’s addicted and It’s going to be hard to stop any time soon. I’ll continue to blog for many years to come covering a whole range of interesting topics hopefully. My hope is that more readers will read my blog and continue to give me feedback like in previous years.
Thanks for reading my SL blog over the years and being part of my SL journey so far. Please FOLLOW MY BLOG on the right hand side and stay updated on the latest grid happenings. Thanks very much again!🙂
More great things to come!🙂