The latest developments on server side baking on third party viewers. SSB renders clothing layers, avatar’s skin, tattoos, alpha from the client side to the server faster. Linden Lab are testing server side baking for official SL viewers which is due to be released hopefully within 2-4 weeks.
As of 25th April 2013
- Firestorm Viewer 22.214.171.124720 has added support for Server Side Baking
- Singularity Viewer 1.8.0 has added support for Server Side Baking
- Cool VL viewer supports Server Side Baking
- Catznip Viewer R8 has server side baking support (SSB)
- Kokua Vewer latest build includes experimental code
- Nirans Viewer 2.2.0 Alpha (2656) contains the update SSB (Server Side Baking)
More updates will be published soon. 😀
7 thoughts on “Server Side Baking supported TPV viewers so far, update 1”
I know this is happening and I’ll be interested to see the change, I know the theory of the change. I think it’s a little strange that the TPV’s have updated their code before it’s updated in the main viewer, I’m hoping that LL doesn’t change anything in the next couple of weeks to break everything…
They’d never do that…surely 0.o
I agree and its going to be interesting to see the changes for sure.
Yeah it should be Linden Lab releases code then TPVs catch up after.
Kristin viewer is as well ssb compatible as per today!
Knowing how many use LL viewer, if Tpv’s did not start releasing updated versions, the day LL press the botton would be the day that SL would be gone!
So far, the simple fact that there are already a few tpv testing it means also that bugs will be much more easy noticed and fixed!
Great thanks, zzpearlbottom. 🙂
Quick comment, Daniel – Catznip R8 isn’t out as yet (26th April). The Facebook entry confirms that when it arrives, it will have SSB/A support tho.