Today I signed up for the AviWorlds grid which is a free 3D virtual world powered by OpenSim. AviWorlds was founded in October 2012 which means it’s a fairly new grid. The AviWorlds website (shown below) is very welcoming I think for starters and the site pages are very useful to navigate. AviWorlds is well-connected with Facebook and Twitter it seems which is good news indeed.
My first impressions: A rather quiet grid upon arrival and I didn’t see any avatars at any of the official landmarks listed on the tall hub. I was impressed with the landmarks board and clickable information surrounding me. Hopefully in the coming years more will join AviWorlds and the grid will grow larger.
During my visit at the AviWorlds Welcome Center I managed to talk with the President and CEO of AviWorlds called Alex AviWorlds who was very friendly and provided me with new details about the grid status.
Alex mentioned the following to me…
- AviWorlds went online 4 1/2 months ago
- AviWorlds is growing tremendously due to the new grid strategy “our strategy is to supply a market which holds SL afloat”
- AviWorlds is getting over 40 people a day now and growing
- At CITYBYDBAY there birthday parties, weddings and much more
What is AviWorlds?
AviWorlds, 3D virtual world for everyone to enjoy, explore, meet new people and have fun!
Grid statistics for AviWorld (As of today):
- Total Regions: 68
- Total Users: 1, 746
- Registered Users (last 30 days): 264
- Registered Users (last 7 days): 57
- Active Users: 1, 404
- Active Users: (last 30 days): 406
- Active Users: (last 7 days): 195
- Users Online: 27
Land information for AviWorlds:
- 1/4 SIM, 16384sqm of land!
- 1500 prims!
- ONLY US$5.00 per month! PLUS you get special access to
- BULLET PHYSICS SAND BOX AREAS!
- For more visit the Buy Land page
Registering for AviWorlds in 5 steps:
- Visit the Register Page then click on the orange Register button. Note: AviWorlds is still in beta and it uses opensim platform thats still in alpha status.
- Fill out user information which takes seconds to do then click on Submit and validate your email.
- Then it redirects you to a page saying “Thank you for your submission. A request for confirmation has been sent to your e-mail address.”
- Check email address then Confirm link
- Confirmation message saying “You have just used a one-time email confirmation link. Your form submission has been processed.Register new user succeeded.”
Logging into AviWorlds for the first time:
After the signup process was complete I logged into AviWorlds for the first time at the AviWorlds Welcome Center island. I received a welcome notecard telling me about the AviWorlds grid. There was a large board in front of me of landmarks to visit. Around me there were many information objects to click on for more information about the grid. Very handy and a well-built area for new residents to start after sign-up. More exploring for me to do and more discoveries to come hopefully. 😀
The starting point in AviWorlds
The central hub for landmarks
Avatar Central with freebies for males and females
Have you joined AviWorlds and what was your experiences like of this grid ?