Great news announced on the InWorldz Forums this week is that a new first public beta viewer for InWorldz users has been released. It now comes with mesh enabled and it now moves from InWorldz version 1.5.0 up to version 188.8.131.52227. This viewer is a public beta viewer and according to the devs there are bugs/improvements that still need to be worked on. It works only with Windows and Linux with a Mac version in the works.
- How to upload Mesh – check the post for instructions on how to upload mesh on the InWorldz Beta Grid.
InWorldz beta viewer 184.108.40.206227 login screen
InWorldz beta viewer 220.127.116.11 user interface
What do you think of the new version of InWorldz Beta Viewer 18.104.22.168227 ?
On 17th February 2013 a new post called Metrics for Adoption of Mesh Viewers on SLUniverse Forums asking about the most recent stats for mesh capable viewer usage. According to the responses in the forum post it seems like the mesh adoption rate seems to be >97.1% at the moment. I think by the end of 2013 mesh adoption rate should be reaching 99%/100%. Surely the 3% of SL users using non-mesh viewers will switch over at some point right during 2013 or 2014?.
A new graph shows the adoption rate of Mesh from July 2011 through to late January 2013 which is very interesting indeed. Graph created by Kadah Coba.
- 1% in July 2011
- 50% during November 2011
- 95% during October 2012
- 97.1% as of 2013-02-10.
Mesh viewers list
- SL official viewer (all V3 viewers)
- Firestorm viewer
- Cool VL
- And many more!
Fashion for Life 2013 in Second Life starts this year from 9th March through to 17th March 2013 which will be taking place on 9 sims built by many great builders and artists. The theme this year is The Seven Ancient Wonders of the World which sounds great. Fashion for Life event helps to raise money and awareness of American Cancer Society.
Expect the best art, builds and a good range of live events etc during Fashion for Life 2013 in Second Life. There are fashion shows produced by the top fashion SL agencies. Will you be attending Fashion for Life 2013 in Second Life ?
Fashion for Life 2013 poster
The Fashion for Life 2013 regions
SIM BUILDERS & SPONSORS:
- Great Pyramid of Giza – Built by Thoth Jantzen – Sponsored by Chop Zuey Couture and Jewellery
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon – Built by Patch Thibaud – Sponsored by Tres Beau Designs in honor of loved ones lost.
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia – Built by KarlinJames Zepp – Sponsored by Sonatta Morales *8* Vintage Couture
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus – Built by nexuno Thespian – Sponsored by Leri Miles Designs, Quality mesh fashion for men and women.
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus – Built by Kaya Angel – Sponsored by LAZURI
- Colossus of Rhodes – Built by Rebeca Bashly – Sponsored by .:EMO-tions:.
- Lighthouse of Alexandria – Built by Bryn Oh – Sponsored by [sYs] Design
- FASHION FOR LIFE – Built by Eshi Otawara – sponsored by Miss Mundo Virtual Organization
- FFL Event Sim – Built by Eshi Otawara – Sponsored by Christianraven Resident
ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS SCHEDULE:
The week will also host a schedule of live entertainment, music and catwalk events and each scheduled fashion show will reveal different outfits from the all new ‘Fashion for Life 2013’ collection.
SATURDAY MARCH 9TH
- 12:00 PM SLT: GRAND OPENING OF FASHION FOR LIFE 2013!
SUNDAY MARCH 10TH
- 10:00 AM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by: KV Dream Agency
MONDAY MARCH 11TH
- 4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by SOLO EVANE
TUESDAY MARCH 12TH
- 4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by AVENUE
WEDNESDAY MARCH 13TH
- 4:00 PM SLT- FASHION SHOW – Produced by Elegance Agency
- 6:00 PM SLT – ANTONIO GALLOWAY IN CONCERT!
THURSDAY MARCH 14TH
- 4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by UEMA AGENCY
FRIDAY MARCH 15TH
- 12:00 PM SLT – CHANGHIGH SISTERS FIRESHOW of Light, Life and Love
- 4:00 PM SLT – FASHION SHOW – Produced by OPIUM EVOLUTION
SATURDAY MARCH 16TH
- 10:00 AM SLT – GALLIANO COUTURE INSPIRED COLLECTION – Produced by BLVD AGENCY
SUNDAY MARCH 17TH
- 9:00 AM SLT – GRAND FINALE – SL TOP MODEL COMPETITION
- 11:00 AM SLT – CLOSING PARTY – RAFFLE WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
BOSL Radio will also stream across all 9 sims in partnership with SL club ‘The Velvet’. There will be a public ‘BEST FFL PHOTO CONTEST’ for the duration of this event. The winner will receive items from participating FFL designers.
Recently Linden Lab added Cocoa Project Viewer to the Alternate_Viewers list on the SL Wiki which works on Macintosh machines at long last. According to users that have tested the Cocoa Project Viewer and reports on better performance and better FPS. Very good news indeed! 🙂
If you have installed Cocoa Project Viewer I’ll like to know how the viewer experience runs for you?
Mark these upcoming exciting SL events for March 2013 on your calendar. Spring is almost here! 🙂
>>> New events will be added to the list below <<<
Do you know of any more SL events for March 2013? Feel free to comment below! 🙂
After five and a half years since the first broadcast via operator 11 of Metaverse Week in review the main hosts of the show have announced this week that the show is changing completely. The show for many years have been broadcasted through livestream which works better for recording etc on Sunday afternoons SLT.
Metaverse Week in Review is a live videocast co-hosted by Mal Burns and Tara Yeats every Sunday at 12pm SL time/8pm UK time. Presented at Operator 11 (www.operator11.com), this live show looks at events and news from the week in Second Life and other developing virtual worlds. Mal & Tara are joined by an assortment of guests from the metaverse.
The NEW format of Metaverse Week in review:
- Mal Burns & Tara introduction to the show
- Part 1: Inworld review (sl news and virtual news)
- Part 2: Recorded best clips (playlist)
- Part 3: Google Hangouts (facetime)
The OLD format of Metaverse Week in review:
- Introductions (review of the news) from Mal Burns/Tara
- Featured Clips
Do you like the new format of the show ? Please comment!