It seems the lab are releasing small mesh usage metrics during weekly Mesh user group meetings on Mondays at 12pm SLT. Charlar Linden normally mentions some mesh metrics during the last quarter of the user group meetings. The trend still continues to be on the rise in mesh usage on the grid which is good to see happening.
Here are the mesh usage metrics mentioned this week.
- [12:38] Charlar Linden: Hey, want some metrics?
- [12:39] Charlar Linden: current stats for usage of modern viewers:
- [12:39] Charlar Linden: Residents – over 70%
- [12:40] Charlar Linden: Also, as far as uploading mesh, we’ve topped the previous high back in August – For the past two weeks we’ve averaged well over 1400 objects uploaded a day onto the maingrid.
- [12:41] Charlar Linden: “modern” supports mesh, as well as most other newer features.
- [12:42] Charlar Linden: Davido – that’s the average number of mesh objects uploaded each day.
- [12:45] Charlar Linden: 1540 on the day after we released mesh
- [12:46] Charlar Linden: As with all metrics, you really have to consider the context
- [12:46] Charlar Linden: these are things created and uploaded. They could have been used inworld 100 times after that.
- [12:47] Charlar Linden: What is means to me is that people are uploading more and more stuff; might be for resale, or for their own use.
- [12:49] Charlar Linden: Kaiser- over the past month we’ve *roughly* increased from about 1000 a day to about 1500 a day. It’s still continuing on that trend.
6th February 2012: Mesh regions are now at over 29% of the grid. Mesh went live last August and currently the mesh region adoption rate continues to rise. Don’t forget to upload mesh snapshots from Second Life to Second Life 3D Mesh Flickr group.
Update 3 will be posted next week.🙂