Great news this week is that Relay For Life of Second Life 2011 has set a new fundraising record of US$375,000. This year marks the largest amount of fundraising there has ever been in Relay For Life’s history in Second Life. Congratulations!
- US$375,000 raised in total for 2011
- More than 3, 000 relayers participated
- 140 teams
- At the Wrap-Up Party on Saturday, August 20, 2011 Event Chair MamaP Beerbaum proudly announced that the seventh Relay For Life of Second Life had set a new season fundraising record of US$375,000, had a record number of 140 teams, and a record number of over 3,000 relayers.
- This year’s theme was ‘Seasons of Hope’ and was the largest to date, with a track lined by luminaria winding through 41 sims of amazing builds representing the different seasons. Some 2,140 avatars completed one or more laps, a combined total of 3,486 laps, and visited the campsites and the designer sims. And 4,817 luminaria were lit in support of loved ones going through treatment, and in memory of those heroes who have passed on.
- The Kick-Off for RFL of SL 2012 will be on March 10, 2012.
- Next year’s theme will be ‘Time for a Cure’.
- And the clock is already ticking!