Today marks the official first day of Relay For Life weekend 2011 in Second Life. Starting from 10am SLT today the event continues until Sunday morning. This is the seventh annual Relay For Life event and this year there are 42 RFL sims to explore.
Relay Weekend is a fun-filled, overnight event that unites SL individuals throughout the world to celebrate survivors (anyone who has ever been diagnosed with cancer), remember loved ones and raise money for the fight against cancer.
- Teleport to the Relay For Life Welcome Area to get started.
- LIVE streaming coverage of 2011 Relay For Life SL
- Main RFL website SL
- Relay For Life SL wiki page
RFL 2011 Schedule
Saturday 16th July 2011
- 10am SLT – Opening Ceremony
- 11am SLT – Celebrate survivors / care-givers honour walk
- 9pm SLT – Luminara Ceremony
- 6am SLT – Fight Back event
- 10am SLT – Closing ceremony
The theme for this year is Seasons of Hope.
Map of the “RFL” regions 2011.
Other interesting RFL SL 2011 blog posts: