- Paisley Beebe calls it quits – 2nd
- Look back at previous redesigns of the Second Life profiles – 3rd
- SL8B week 2 highlights – 3rd
- New InWorldz website look – 6th
- Treet.TV major changes – 7th
- Google+ Suspends Avatar Accounts – 8th
- Rod Humble interviewed by The Mark – 11th
- Firestorm has surpassed LL V1.23 viewer usage – 15th
- InWorldz hits 40, 000 registered users – 15th
- Relay For Life weekend 2011 – 16th
- Relay For Life raised $371, 670 US dollars – 18th
- Mesh microrelease – 20th
- OSGrid 4th Birthday – 21st
- New SL social web profiles go live – 26th
- Virtual people to get ID checks – 29th
Apparently InWorldz has now partnered with CariNet for hosting/technology. Here is the press release that was published today on the official Inworldz news page. The InWorldz Founders have been replying to comments on this thread on the InWorldz Forums if you’re interested in knowing more.
InWorldz, LLC and CariNet Inc. To Power Virtual World Technology and Hosting Through Joint Venture
Venture to focus on quality of service, scalability, and core software to
promote growth and technical innovation
Contact: Beth Reischl
Tel. (630) 504-8449
NY and SAN DIEGO, CA , July 30, 2011 – InWorldz, LLC a leading provider of virtual world services and CariNet Inc. a quality-oriented provider of dedicated servers, server clusters, and cloud computing announce plans to form a joint venture to build a redundant 3D virtual world grid capable of high performance and fast growth.
The venture builds around the original vision of the InWorldz founders. Known to their customers mainly by their pseudonyms, Elenia Llewellyn (real name Beth Reischl), Legion Hienrichs (real name John Arnolde), and Tranquillity Dexler (real name David Daeschler) have supported the continuing vision that everyone should be able to experience virtual world technologies and services in a way that enhances their lives and their own vision. Since it’s inception in February of 2009, InWorldz, LLC has listened to customer feedback and demand to provide it’s residents with the software, hardware, and tools they need to create dramatic simulations ranging from vast and mystical oceans, to artistic depictions of real world cities. Building on a strong customer community and a solid technical background, the InWorldz grid has grown to over 800 customer owned regions on word of mouth alone.
CariNet Inc. has been a hosting leader since 1997, offering a wide variety of hosting options including dedicated servers, server clusters, public and private cloud offerings as well as server virtualization hypervisors. CariNet Inc. builds, owns and operates all of their datacenters and are capable of handling customers and demands of any size. CariNet Inc. currently services 7500+ customers around the globe.
CariNet Inc. provides a strong background and expertise in all things hosting. The CariNet team consists of a dedicated group of individuals willing to go the extra mile to make sure they have a quality product their customers can rely on. From power, to network, to hardware and software, CariNet Inc. has created a strong backbone for any business to tether their dreams to and let them run.
Enablement is the shared theme that has brought CariNet Inc. and InWorldz, LLC together. The joint venture will provide InWorldz with access to the latest in hardware and software technology available to support efficiency and scalability. Powered by this venture, InWorldz will have access to systems and expertise that will increase the effectiveness of their business processes, free up development resources, and increase profitability. The joint venture will provide both companies with the opportunity to continue to explore the growing virtual world market and provide the services and support that enable the individual as well as organizations who will use virtual world technologies in the future.
- Should LL and other grids should be concerned now ?
- What do you think about the Joint Venture?
(picture of Hollywood Airport runway above)
I love flying around Second Life from airport to airport regularly and here are my top favourite airport destinations. These are really good places to fly planes and explore the grid from the sky.
SL Airport Map 2011
- Second Life International Airport – Gateway to Blake Sea & USS, Antilaghi
- Hollywood Airport – The most beautiful, best located, airport in SL aviation, at the crossroads of the 180 sims of the Blake Sea & the United Sailing Sims.
- Bay City Municipal Aeroport – Rez zone south of the hangar (about 158, 26,26) or at the west end of the runway. Consider joining the Bay City ATC group for the air-to-air and air-to-ground “radio” channel. Runway 9 is 250 m long, at 4.3 m
- Abbotts Aerodrome – SL’s most famous airport! Visit us for planes..helicopters, skydiving, free demos. Home of Terra..Aeronautics and ARMORD gear.
- Honah Lee Field – Welcome to Honah Lee Field the new go-to location for all Pilots in the Blake Sea region and beyond!
- New Horizons Airport – International Airport that has acces to a great number of sims including the blake sea and nautilus airport
- Nautilus Municipal Airport – Nautilus Municipal Airport is a light to medium capacity airport serving Nautilus and Corsica cross-continental pilots. Excellent rest stop for expeditionary pilots and group grid flight enthusiasts. Open to public.
- Japan Airport – Battleship, aircraft carrier, cruiser, yacht, boat, fighter, jet, helicopter, car, sports car, sandbox
- Haskew Memorial Airport – Welcome to Haskew Memorial Airport. A place to fly your planes, helicopters, Jets, fighters, Military aircraft, and other flying machines. We welcome your visit, please feel free to look around the terminal building. There is also a steel mill on sight.
- Talakin Airport – Fly to Nautilus City and Blake sea from here. Terra and Texaco aircraft fuel.
SL Aviation Summer Festival
There are two big Second Life events that will be happening very soon. I love both of these well known SL yearly events and I recommend you visit them. The first is Second Life Community Convention 2011, which is a yearly conference organised by Second Life residents. This year SLCC 2011 will be hosted in Oakland from 12th-14th August 2011. Hopefully there will be live streaming coverage from SLCC straight into the SLCC regions on the grid.
The second big event that will be happening in Second Life later this year is BURN2 2011, which is community supported event and will take place from 1st-9th October 2011. Organisation and preparation in now underway for the event.
- 13 days left until SLCC 2011 kicks off
- Full Schedule Announced & Other Updates
- Keynote speakers
- SLCC 2011 in World Builder Update #2
- 7/31 – Presenters must be registered
- 8/1 – Custom badges due
- 8/5 – Social Events & Mixers due
- 8/11 – Track Leaders & Volunteers arrive
- 8/12 – 7th Annual SLCC begins!!
- 63 days left until the BURN!
- This year’s theme is Rites of Passage:
- BURN2 2011 key dates
- Volunteer Signup
I will blog more when we get nearer to these important dates. I’m really excited!