Courtney Linden has posted up SL8B details on the official Second Life blog for this year’s Second Life 8th Birthday happening next month. SL8B kicks off at “10:00 a.m. SLT on Monday, June 20 and runs through Sunday, June 26”. There will be a press preview on 18th June 2011 to get a sneak preview of the sims. YAY!
Preparations are taking place on the SL8B currently. Map of SL8B regions showing the themed magic names.
The theme for this year is Magic of Second Life which sounds pretty cool and its going to be interesting to see what everyone comes up with this year. There will be 20 SL8B sims this year “reserved for themed exhibits, amazing builds, fantastic music and entertainment”.
- May 5—Applications for builders, exhibitors, performers, and volunteer greeters open.
- May 20—Exhibitor, performer, and volunteer greeter applications deadline.
- May 31—Accepted exhibitors are notified.
- June 1—Accepted exhibitors can begin work on their parcels at the SL8B site.
- June 5—Last day for exhibitors to to begin building.
- June 15—Deadline for all exhibitor builds.
- June 16-17—Tech rehearsal.
- June 18—Press preview.
- June 20—10:00 a.m. SLT: Gates open to the public!
- June 23—The Birthday! Special ceremonies included!
- June 26—Last day of entertainment.
- July 2—Gates close at 11:59 p.m. SLT
Check out Linden Lab Official: SL8B wiki page for details about taking part during the celebrations.