Week 18 update from today’s Mesh User Group meeting. I think we are getting closer towards the roll out of mesh on the main grid and hopefully it will arrive this month. Linden Lab have still not given any ETAs on dates yet. With the Viewer 2 release cycle as it stands mesh will arrive in the 2.7 version viewer. We will have to see!
- Nyx Linden mentioned that “recently – we’re merging!”
- “trying to get back to non-merge related work soooon”
- “we’ve got a bug backlog of 400 issues”
- Linden Lab will be rolling out changes to the asset format later this week
- Pro: “more stable asset format” after the roll out
- Con: Everyone will have to re-upload meshes
- Rolling out to the mesh experimental channel first