Linden Lab have been enabling HTTP Textures on AGNI recently and now you can test it out at TextureTest region in Second Life.
Steps to Enable HTTP Textures:
- 1. Download the latest viewer; Viewer 2.1.0 – http://get.secondlife.com/
- 2. Log into the region TextureTest.
- 3. From the Develop menu, in the Consoles sub menu enable ‘Texture Console’. This is just to monitor the individual textures as they are downloading.
- 4. Additionally you can enable the texture timer at Develop->Show Info->Show Time – the texture timer stops when you stop downloading textures
- As you move around the region TextureTest you will see green text showing “HTTP” for each texture downloaded over HTTP.
- Please fly around the region and make sure that textures download over http and things look good.
- Please do not try to crash this region. We’re not looking for a load test here.
- We just want to make sure that HTTP Textures works and things seem normal.
- Please file a jira if you find any issues.