The 3rd Annual Virtual Worlds – Best Practices in Education begins on March 12th 2010 in Second Life. VWBPE Conference this year will present many presentations including best practices in education, uses and impacts of virtual worlds. Last year there were over 38, 00 attendance records that attended and this year VWBPE expects to break the 50, 00 unique avatars milestone. The good thing about this conference is that it’s going to be open to the public which is great. I’m looking forward to attending about sharing my throughts/pictures here on my SL sites. Check out the Official Virtual Worlds Best Practices 2010 Website.
The Sims will be open to the public on Thursday afternoon March 11th and the conference will start promptly at 12:05AM Pacific Standard Time on Friday March 12th.
The sneak peak lineup
- M Linden will be providing one of the key note addresses on Friday morning.
- Dr. David Gibson will be providing an overview of AI and Bots in Learning
- Decka Mah returns this year talking about professional development using action learning
- Jonathon Richter will be looking at the MERLOT Virtual Worlds Taskforce
- Amy Groves from IBM’s Center for Advanced Learning will be presenting on optimal learning models
Open to All
The VWBPE10 SL Conference is open to anyone and free of charge whether they be an educator, researcher, student, or even administration types 🙂