Latest STS-124 Photos: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts124/multimedia/gallery/gallery-index.html
The loading of space shuttle Discovery’s external tank with 500,000 gallons of liquid oxygen and hydrogen began at 7:38 a.m. EDT and final preps are under-way. NASA managers today have cleared the shuttle Discovery for launch May 31, at 5:02:09 p.m. EDT (ALL GO). This misson will deliver and attach Japan’s huge Kibo laboratory module to the international space station.
Payload: Kibo lab
Launch: May 31, 2008
Time: 5:02 p.m. EDT
Site: Pad 39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Landing: June 14 @ approx. 11:02 a.m. EDT
Site: Shuttle Landing Facility, KSC
Watch Live Nasa Streaming of the Launch: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/live_tv.html
STS-124 Status Updates: http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts124/status.html
Space Shuttle Updates: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html
Countdown until Launch: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/launch/index.html
GO GO DISCOVERY!!!!! http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/countdown/video/
“A video of Chance Zeta’s amazing LSL ray tracer running first on Mono and then on the LSL virtual machine, which takes 4 times longer to render the scene.”
Check it out, great sound track!
The NEW TSL Orientation Guides have been now released for JUNE 2008 and I’ll be giving a copy to everybody when I see them. I’ve updated the guides with new landmarks and up-to-date information, this is for new users mostly i’m aiming at.
- I’ve renamed the tsl places guide to tsl landmarks guide with the current month after it e.g. TSL Landmarks Guide 2008 – June 2008.
- There are new sections and it’s now easier to find what you’re looking for.
- TSL Orientation FAQ has been updated with a new ordering system with questions up the top and answers at the bottom, it’s quicker to find where abouts the questions are.
- New TSL New Resident places guide, for TSL Welcomers or TSL Mentors to use to find helping places and infohubs to help new residents in-world, also it’s be attached to the TSL Orientation FAQ guide also.
- I’m currently re-doing the TSL Useful links guide in which it will be released later in June 2008
There are 9,000 active TSL accounts today in Teen Second Life, amazing but still a small amount.
Also there are around 192 teen grid sims in Teen Second Life, about 40% is adult owned – Educational Sims.
In my last stats post was which back in April 2008 there has been a great new number of hits and views, see below. Compare the difference by going to my “statistics” category on my main page for previous stats of the month.
In the month of December 2007, I had 486 views altogether.
In the month of Janauary 2008, I had 493 views altogether.
In the month of February 2008, I had 715 views altogether.
In the month of March 2008, I had 1,326 views altogether.
In the month of April 2008, I had 2,070 views altogether.
- Roughly around 40 – 93 views per week and more at peak times!
- Should be higher this month if rates stay the same, so far I’m pleased with the stats.
- Total Views: 6,660
- Best Day Ever: 130 — Monday, May 26, 2008
My TSL Flickr:
Views: 3, 810
My TSL Volunteer Wiki
In December 2007, my page was visited 840 times.
Today, it’s been accessed 1,189 times.
January 2008 – 130 TSL Welcomers
May 2008 – 152 TSL Welcomers
Been accessed 989 times since created.
Next Stats post will be posted this time next month = 26th – 29th of June 2008.
Simple steps in making your own SL College;
- Download and Install Picasa, (Free Software, Free Download); http://picasa.google.com/.
- Picasa is software that makes it easy and fun to view, organise, edit and share the digital photos on your PC.
- There are other free Imaging Software to use, example click here.
- Once Installed open up Picasa2, then it asks you which files you would like to scan when Picasa starts up e.g. “Completely Scan my computer” or “Scan my documents”. (You pick) > (Click Next).
- Then pick a album and click to highlight all of the photos inside that album.
- Then right hand click and “Select All Pictures” or Ctrl+A.
- Click the “Collage” Button shown at the bottom of Picaso, or Edit > Select All.
- It will then pop up with a window saying Make Collage. At this point you can choose different a type of layout you want to have e.g. Picture Grid, Picture Pile, Contact Sheet or Muliti-Exposure.
- Hit “Create” to Finish, upload it to your Flickr etc or attach the “Collage” and send it to your friends.
Check out my Flickr Sets that I have created so far in Teen Second Life e.g. Lego Photos, TG Mainland, TG Bay City Sims, Yoshi Tour, My 1st year in TSL, Windlight and many more :P. With over 1000 of photos taken from Teen Second Life you will be ever looking through them hahaha. Many more to come yet, so don’t think thats the end, it’s just started!