Loads of people have been asking others etc “What happens when I reach 18 years old”, “Whats the Main Grid”, “Whats the progress of how it all works, when I turn 18”, “What happens to my Inventory?”. I’ve made a step-by-step guide from transfering from the Teen Grid to Main Grid (18+).
***HERE IS A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE*** (updated 21st April 2008)
- When you turn 18 you become eligible for transfer to the Main Grid where the age limit is 18+
- To move to the main grid, they may be asked to send us a copy of a school/government issued ID showing your date of birth. Driver’s License, Passport, or Military ID for example. Send a scan photocopy or fax to Linden Lab and we will process your account, and wish you a happy 18th birthday.
- File a support ticket at Secondlife.com/support, Attach a scan or photo of your ID with details, or contact a Linden in-world or use Live Chat.
- Or send it on FAX = Linden Lab, 1100 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94111, (415) 243-9045.
- They will get an automatic notification in advance of their birthday letting them know to prepare for transfer by selling any land they might own. *1 month before transfering”.
- They take their full Inventory with them, however you cannot take your land or rented land with you, you can only take a island only over to the MG.
- Switch over date comes, you’re 18 – Happy Birthday, remember to say thanks to the SL Support Crew
- Mariel Voyunicef has started a group on mg called the TG Survivors: “For all the people who, after their experience on the TG, are still up and kicking. Also, for all the cool people who want to help them feel integrated to the MG. Group for events and hangout, though suggestions are always welcome. Just transferred/feel left out? Drop an IM to any of the admins to join!” also there will be another transfer group set up by Linden Lab
- Welcome to the Main Grid! – Explore, Meet up with old TG friends, Meet new friends, See whats going on, have fun!
- If you have Skype, AIM, MSN, Yahoo etc you can still keep in-touch with the TSL Friends, meet up in RL, send a e-mail, meet up in another virtual world perhaps.
- If you decide to come back to TG as approved adults, while they can’t teleport to other islands, they can have the option of creating alt avs for each island they would like to be on, as long as they have the adult sim owners permission to be there. Speaking to old TSL friends-if that friend is on the island that they are on then they can speak together. and Blue gives out a ‘rezuation pack’ to each transferring teen that was started by Eye4You. It has mg names of adults that are on Eye4You as well as links to places to visit.
- I hope that this helps you to understand the process of transfering to Second Life!
If you have any updates on this transfer of this process let me know by adding a comment, thanks!
Yes, well…..The Show Updates option on the Debug menu displays visible indicators (colored triangles) when an object or avatar changes, by moving, changing textures, playing animations, etc. DO THIS BELOW!
- Turn Show Updates off by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Shift-U.
- If that doesn’t work, press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D to toggle the Debug menu on. Click Show Updates.
- Should be fixed!
- Color changes to improve text contrast in title bar, scroll bar and menu highlight
- Updated disabled button art
- Updated login/teleport progress screen art and colors
- Set the top-level ‘opaque’ parameter to false in menu_viewer.xml
“This release candidate fixes the instant crash for most Linux users, but it is still very crashy for all platforms if the graphic settings are turned up. ”
(NEW) Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0.
I’ve added some new pages to my blog this month, please check them out and let me know if you have any suggestions for the blog – limited to what wordpress offers me haha!
SL Glossary – A-Z glossary on what things do and mean – very interesting, will be updated weekly
Office Hours – (Will be created in the new few days) – There have been new changes to the TSL Office hours, please check out this new updated info, bookmark it on your calendars.
About Me – I’ve taken off contact info for many reasons, Instead i’ve updated my tsl profile with some new info.
TSL Guide– Orientation for newcomers to Second Life, know-hows and more
TSL Handy Tips – Updated tips with more details on the sections listed on the page
Tutorials – New layout with up-to-date tutorial links, tutorials created by me, bigger titles.
This week i’ve started to produce my first small machinimas in TSL using Wegame, Free trials of recording programs, i’m uploading them to my Flickr Video Set so check it out!, I’m going to be starting of with small clips then over the months building them up like tutorial videos and longer, at the end of last summer I said that I would later on produce videos and tutorials after when I completed the Global Kids summer camp program so this week is the start of many more to come yay!
@ My TSL Videos so far!!!! @
- Blue’s Office Hour tester video
- TG Tutorial Island Tester
- Day Cycle In Windlight
- Tutorial Island Video
- (NEW) Chibi-Robo Av Dance 2008
- Eutopia Club – Live Music
- Eye4you Island Tour 2008
- TSL Linden Village Video
And many more coming soon!!!!!!
“I think that this video is really creative and it has lots to tell, awesome!”
“If you have machinima or movie suggestions from any MMO, please send them to machinima AT massively DOT com, along with any information you might have about them.” Moo Money
Created by Voicedude Renoir
The Tech Virtual Museum at Eye4you Alliance – Video of the winners intro.
This Class is being set up to show anyone unfamiliar to building, those who have forgotten some things, or those who feel they need a refresher. Any Veterans or excellent builders who have building tips of their own, please feel free to share them with us.
Time: 1:30pm SLT to 2:30pm SLT
Date: Thursday 17th of April 2008
Location: Eye4you Stage
Hosted by: Aran Trefoil and Kiki Dawes.