Loads of people have been asking others etc “What happens when I reach 18 years old”, “Whats the Main Grid”, “Whats the progress of how it all works, when I turn 18”, “What happens to my Inventory?”. I’ve made a step-by-step guide from transfering from the Teen Grid to Main Grid (18+).
***HERE IS A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE*** (updated 21st April 2008)
- When you turn 18 you become eligible for transfer to the Main Grid where the age limit is 18+
- To move to the main grid, they may be asked to send us a copy of a school/government issued ID showing your date of birth. Driver’s License, Passport, or Military ID for example. Send a scan photocopy or fax to Linden Lab and we will process your account, and wish you a happy 18th birthday.
- File a support ticket at Secondlife.com/support, Attach a scan or photo of your ID with details, or contact a Linden in-world or use Live Chat.
- Or send it on FAX = Linden Lab, 1100 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94111, (415) 243-9045.
- They will get an automatic notification in advance of their birthday letting them know to prepare for transfer by selling any land they might own. *1 month before transfering”.
- They take their full Inventory with them, however you cannot take your land or rented land with you, you can only take a island only over to the MG.
- Switch over date comes, you’re 18 – Happy Birthday, remember to say thanks to the SL Support Crew
- Mariel Voyunicef has started a group on mg called the TG Survivors: “For all the people who, after their experience on the TG, are still up and kicking. Also, for all the cool people who want to help them feel integrated to the MG. Group for events and hangout, though suggestions are always welcome. Just transferred/feel left out? Drop an IM to any of the admins to join!” also there will be another transfer group set up by Linden Lab
- Welcome to the Main Grid! – Explore, Meet up with old TG friends, Meet new friends, See whats going on, have fun!
- If you have Skype, AIM, MSN, Yahoo etc you can still keep in-touch with the TSL Friends, meet up in RL, send a e-mail, meet up in another virtual world perhaps.
- If you decide to come back to TG as approved adults, while they can’t teleport to other islands, they can have the option of creating alt avs for each island they would like to be on, as long as they have the adult sim owners permission to be there. Speaking to old TSL friends-if that friend is on the island that they are on then they can speak together. and Blue gives out a ‘rezuation pack’ to each transferring teen that was started by Eye4You. It has mg names of adults that are on Eye4You as well as links to places to visit.
- I hope that this helps you to understand the process of transfering to Second Life!
If you have any updates on this transfer of this process let me know by adding a comment, thanks!