Linden Lab have done a lovely job recently at revamping the Isle of View region in Second Life this year before Valentine’s Day gets underway on 14th February 2014. Check out my preview snapshots of the beautiful valentine’s region below and enjoy it with someone special you love.
What’s new ?
- New boat rides
- New fireworks
- Updated free gifts, booths, forest walks and fountains
- Valentine’s Bear and love hearts
- And much more waiting to be discovered
Isle of View (SLURL)
Today Linden Lab posted a new blog post on the Second Life Blog on ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Second Life including other Valentine’s Day places to visit.
It’s that time of year again when we all go into love mode and send lovely gifts to one another in Real Life / Second Life. Linden Lab have just announced this years schedule of events for Valentine’s Day on February 14th 2010 in Second Life. Check out 2009 SL Valentine’s Day events here.
Main events for SL Valentines 2010;
- The Scavenger Hunt
- Kiss-A-Volunteer / Kiss-A-Linden
- Special XStreet offers
Valentine’s Regions 2010
On February 12 & February 14, 2010…
* Volunteers will be around all-day for Kiss-A-Volunteer!
* Lindens will be on Isle of View and Isle of ViewToo from 7-9 AM and 5-7 PM PST.
* And for you Teen Residents, Lindens will be present on Hugsville for Teens from 3-5 PM PST.
The Scavenger Hunt 2010
A unique scavenger hunt will be held February 12th, 13th, and 14th – each day, finding the starting clue will lead you to the first Golden Heart of the day.
On the final scavenger hunt day (February 14th), take a photograph of your avatar standing near the final Golden Heart of the day and submit it to the Second Life Facebook page to enter yourself in a contest! Five entrants will be selected at random to win the Golden Hearts grand prize – L$15,000!
We’re celebrating Valentine’s Day in style and continuing our yearly tradition! Three regions, “Isle of View”, “Isle of ViewToo” and “Hugsville for Teens” (on Teen Second Life) have arisen from the depths of the ocean, decorated in the spirit of LOVE.
Send XStreet Valentine’s Gifts
Spread the love this year with Valentine’s gifts! There are an array of items to choose from at XStreet, and this year we’ve carved out a special section in XStreet for Valentine’s Day: details can be found here. Interested in sending a gift to your best pal, neighbor, estate manager, or valentine, direct from XStreet?
* Go to Xstreet, find the gift you want and click on it.
* On the right, you will see box, “Choose Payment Method”
* When you click “Purchase as a gift”, write in the recipient’s name.
* Complete your purchase, and the gift will be delivered to the lucky Resident!
Sounds exciting right? Comment below!
I hope you all had a great Valentines Day for 2009 and had a fun time at the Valentines Islands. Check out the latest cool interesting snapshots from the community now. (G) = Flickr group
- My SL Valentines 2009 set
- Recent snapshots of SL Valentines 2009
- Second Life Celebrations (G)
- Valentines in Second Life (G)
- Hugsville for Teens 2009
Valentine’s Day, Saturday Feb. 14 – Shedule -
- MG: Isle of View and Isle of ViewToo > 7-9 AM and 5-7 PM PST for Kiss-A-Linden
- TG: Hugsville for Teens from 3-5 PM PST.
- Watch out for Cupid Linden
- Valentine’s Day Surprises
Valentines Day 2008
Today is a day for love, joy, and happiness in TSL and SL. As you may or not heard about is that LL have set up a island for us Teens to enjoy Valentines this year, the island is called “Hugsville for Teens” it is located north of the Teen Grid Orientation Islands if you press “Map” in-world.
There is also a Main Grid Valentines island called “Isle of View” with interesting events happening there i’m sure, But here on the Teen Grid it all kicks off in the afternoon where the things will start getting hot including Lindens coming just after 3pm SLT, don’t miss it!
Check out these snapshots of Valentines Day 2008 in Second Life and Teen Second Life.
Set 1 > Click Here