FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 3, 2014
2014 Second Life Christmas Expo & Winter Breedable’s Fair Registration
Registration for the 2014 Second Life Christmas Expo & Winter Breedable’s Fair is now open! The following link is the registration page for the 2014 Second Life Christmas Expo:http://slchristmasexpo.wordpress.com/shop-registration/. To register for the 2014 Winter Breedables Fair, please visit the following link: http://slbreedables.com/shop-registration/. Both the expo and fair have a variety of merchant and non merchant sponsorships. You can view these sponsorships at the following link: http://slchristmasexpo.wordpress.com/expo-sponsors/
The fourth annual Second Life Christmas Expo & Winter Breedable’s Fair will be held on December 4 to 15, 2014 and is a mega event that raises funds for Relay For Life of Second Life (RFL of SL). 100% of registration fees, sponsorship fees, kiosk donations, hunt, raffle, auction, and vendor donation items are paid to Relay For Life of Second Life. Relay For Life of Second Life is part of the American Cancer Society and is a virtual version of the real life Relay For Life. You can find more information about RFL of SL here: http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/ .
The 2014 Second Life Christmas Expo and Winter Breedable Fair will consist of both holiday and non holiday items from some of the best creators and designers in Second Life, spread across 8 sims! The Winter Breedable Fair will feature a special one of a kind (OOAK) breedables auction. Both the Expo and Fair will feature special events, including live performances, djs, the Holiday of Hope Ball, Hunt For the Bells, Naughty Or Nice, a Christmas Tree Lot, Ornament Auctions, and of course photos with Santa!
The 2014 Second Life Christmas Expo and Winter Breedable Fair Coordinator will be Dawnbeam Dreamscape. Jessii2009 Warrhol will be the 2014 Second Life Christmas Expo & Winter Breedables Fair Co-Coordinator.
About Relay For Life of Second Life:
Relay For Life of Second Life is an annual activity that takes place in Second Life in July each year. Volunteers form or join teams to have fun while fundraising and raising awareness from mid-March through mid-July. In July teams build campsites and walk a track, just like a Real World Relay. Since 2005, Relay For Life of Second Life has raised over $2.25 million USD for the American Cancer Society. In 2013, Relay For Life of Second Life has raised over $390,000 for the American Cancer Society. Relay For Life has become an international movement in RL and SL. In 2011 participants from over 80 countries took part in Relay For Life of Second Life.
About the American Cancer Society:
For more than 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together with millions of our supporters worldwide, we help people stay well, help people get well, find cures, and fight back against cancer.
For More Information:
RFL of InWorldz reached the one million izzies mark last week which is incredible news and this marks a big step forward in trying to find a cure for cancer. Well done to all those that donated izzies and helped out to reach one million izzies for InWorldz. Woooooooot!!!!!!
As many know already back in 2013 Relay For Life of Second Life reached the $2,000,000 milestone for the American Cancer Society. Every year a new record is being set with history being made in Second Life and InWorldz.
IW Team Totals so far
- Team 1 General Account: Iz $359,677
- Team 2 Fashion for Life: Iz $163,961
- Team 3 Tiny Steps for a Cure: Iz $295,950
- Team 4 Tri Group Team: Iz $30,711
- Team 5 Roleplay for Life: Iz $179,693
- Team 6 Tsuki Mura for Hope: Iz $75,139
- Team 7 Dragons for Life: Iz $7,740
- Total raised: Iz $1,112,871
More information can be found on the RFL of IW website.
The 7th annual Home & Garden Expo starts today and runs through to the 28th September 2014. There are nine sims to explore featuring over 85 designers, design products and creator tools. This year’s Home & Garden Expo is supported by nine Platinum Sponsors and eight Gold Sponsors. During the 2014 RFL of SL season, $415,000.00 USD was raised. Incredible!
The grand display of Second Life’s Home & Garden creators benefiting Relay For Life!
About Home and Garden Expo
Home and Garden Expo (HGE) raises money for Relay For Life of Second Life (RFL of SL). Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event, and RFL of SL is one of its virtual counterparts. You can get more information about RFL of SL here: http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/.
On Sunday 31st August 2014 RFL of SL Wrap Up celebrations took place between 10am SLT to 1pm SLT. The attendance was even bigger this year than in previous years (45+ avatars). During the first hour many announcements and stats were released to the crowd by the core RFL of SL team. Following the first hour there was live music to celebrate the awesome success of the 2014 RFL of SL season.
- $415,422 total raised for RFL of SL 2014 season
- 2014 Relay Wrap Up Awards Winners
- 2014 RFL of SL Feedback
I was really happy and surprised to receive the 2014 RFL of SL COMMUNITY CHAMPION AWARD. Thanks so much and it means alot. :)
I found it most interesting this year from start to end of the 2014 season and I can’t wait for 2015 RFL of SL season to start.
Relay For Life 2015 Season
- Theme: The Future is Now
- Kick-off Date: 7th March 2015 through to August 2015
- Relay Weekend: 18th-19th July 2015
The countdown has started for RFL of SL 2015 season. Wooooot!!!!
Today at 10am SLT on Sunday 31st August 2014 RFL of SL will be hosting its Wrap Up Party celebrations and you are invited to come along to celebrate the successful RFL of SL 2014 season. T1 Radio will be broadcasting live during the ceremony and hopefully there will be video coverage of this event too. It’s recommended to arrive early to have access to the sims. Don’t miss this! :)
RFL of SL 2014 Wrap Up Party Schedule
10amSLT – Nikki, Sting, Dawn and Random close out the A-W-E-S-O-M-E 2014 Season and the announcements will include the following below:
- 2014 Relay For Life of Second Life Updated Fundraising Club Awards
- 2014 Relay For Life of Second Life Fun and Spontaneous Awards
- 2014 Relay For Life of Second Life Convio Final Awards
- 2014 Relay For Life of Second Life Spirit Awards
- 2015 Relay For Life of Second Life Information and Announcements
- And More!
11:30am SLT – Max Kleene takes the stage. Streaming from Niagra Falls, Canada, Max sings Rock/Pop/Alternative solo acoustic tunes covering old classics to fun, newer hip stuff.
12:30PM SLT – T1 Radio takes back over the airwaves as we bring to a close the 2014 Relay For Life of Second Life Season
Come along and invite friends to join the celebrations today. Spread the word! :)
The Steering committee has narrowed down the theme nominations to a final four and it’s time to cast your votes for the upcoming theme for 2015 Relay For Life of Second Life. Voting ends at 10pm SLT on Saturday 30th August 2014. The theme for 2015 will be announced at the Wrap Up Party at 10am SLT on Sunday 31st August 2014.
Cast your Vote Here
- UNITED FOR A CURE Represents the unified effort in SL as one team with many parts working together in the fight against cancer.
- RELAY GOES TO THE MOVIES Allows us the opportunity to build the theme around fun, creativity, and imagination. Campsites and teams can build experiences that represent their favorite movies in cinema.
- FESTIVAL OF TEAMS Allows the opportunity to show the “one team” spirit while giving each team a chance to celebrate what is special about them. Also allows campsite themes to be built to honor various festivals around the world.
- THE FUTURE IS NOW Demonstrates the forward movement of our Relay event. Following our 10th year anniversary (where we spent much time looking back), this theme would allow us to turn our heads to the present and celebrate great accomplishments in the fight against cancer. Also allows campsite themes to showcase our vision of hope and what the future holds for society.
Which 2015 RFL of SL theme are you voting for ?
If you have any theme suggestions for 2015 Relay For Life of Second Life season, fill out this form and submit them. Apparently theme suggestions will be narrowed down and put to a vote this weekend. Hurry!
The 2015 theme announcement will be made at the 2014 RFL of SL Wrap Up party on Sunday 31st August 2014. Everyone is welcome to attend the annual event and be part of Relay For Life of Second Life history. :)
History of RFL themes
- 2004 – No theme
- 2005 – No theme
- 2006 – No theme
- 2007 – Quest for a Cure
- 2008 – Heroes
- 2009 – One World, One Hope
- 2010 – Wishing on a Cure
- 2011 – Seasons of Hope
- 2012 – Time For A Cure
- 2013 – Celebrating 100 Years of Hope
- 2014 – A Journey of Promise
- 2015 – To be confirmed