Today InWorldz reached another big milestone of 75, 000 total users according to the InWorldz Login Screen. This is another step closer to the big 100, 000 total users mark (expected in 2014 or 2015?). There’s around 350 new residents joining InWorldz each week apparently and that number is expected to rise quicker when physics is fully in place soon. InWorldz is still growing and breaking new records on a regular basis.
New milestone reached of 75, 000+ total users
InWorldz Historical numbers so far
- “The first 1, 000 took almost a year.. the second 1, 000 just a bit over a month..”
- 2, 000 members – 14th May 2010
- 5, 000 members – 20th June 2010
- 10, 000 members – 12th August 2010
- 20, 000 members – 21st October 2010
- 25, 000 members – 12th December 2010
- 30, 000 members – 1st February 2011
- 40, 000 members – 15th July 2011
- 50, 000 members – 15th January 2012
- 55, 000 – 20th April 2012
- 60, 000 members – 18th July 2012
- 70, 000 members – 25th January 2013
- 75, 000 members – 3rd May 2013
- 80, 000 members – July/August 2013
- 90, 000 members – January 2014
- 100, 000 members – Mid 2014
NEW: It’s worth looking at Constanza’s blog where you can find new weekly posts on the InWorldz metrics. Graphs, latest region/users stats and much more!
Watch this new video about the new InWorldz Dreamshare which is a new tool from InWorldz that lets everyone show your creations to people all over the world. See announcement on the InWorldz Forums for more details. There will be apparently a QA session for questions next week about InWorldz Dreamshare. This sounds awesome and has potential to become something big in the coming months.
- http://dreamshare.inworldz.com/?package … 0483052476
- http://dreamshare.inworldz.com/?package … 00354b4456
What is InWorldz Dreamshare ?
InWorldz dreamshare allows you to share your creations with people all over the world simply by sending them a link to the dreamshare website. It works in the latest versions of firefox, chrome and safari and doesn’t require any browser plugins to run.
Easily provide friends and family with a glimpse into your world via a simple hyperlink. Simply pick anything from your inventory that you have created and use the dreamshare tools on our website to generate a web friendly version of the item. Up to 64 prims!
New video about InWorldz Dreamshare
What are your first impressions of InWorldz Dreamshare ?
Top 3 resource links that I can find for places to visit and explore on the grid of InWorldz during 2013. I hope this is a useful guide to interesting places, shops and much more in InWorldz. Today there are 1, 258 regions and that number is growing on a weekly basis. These are great ways of finding new places and new friends. The Events tab and the Map tab in Search is another good way of finding beautiful sims on the grid and new people. Favourite places to visit in InWorldz during 2013 ?
- Landmarks board on InWorldz Desert Island – Hundreds of locations to visit in the specific categories shown below. Very useful for newbies joining InWorldz today and for existing residents of InWorldz that want to explore more of the grid.
- InWorldz Places Website - Number one website at the moment for updated locations around InWorldz to check out and hangout. There are a number of categories at the top of InWorldz Places website with amazing snapshots of many places across InWorldz.
- InWorldz Freebie Stores - The most popular freebie stores are located at InWorldz Desert Island and there’s more.
Check out this InWorldz Desert Island Map of Stores which is very useful to see where each store is located on the sim. In the next month or so InWorldz Desert Island will be a major layout change. Stay updated on the latest on the InWorldz Forums.
Today InWorldz has turned four years old and it’s time to celebrate 4 years with the founders of the grid. Elenia Llewllyn and Tranquillity Dexter with the rest of the InWorldz team who have worked really hard over the past 4 years to make the grid run smoothly. Woooot!
As far as I’m aware there are no birthday celebrations planned between now and the end of next week (7th April 2013). Last year for the 3rd birthday InWorldz had it’s first official IW conference that took place in Las Vegas. Next year is going to be extra special I think as InWorldz will reach it’s 5th birthday hopefully.
Happy 4th InWorldz!
Snapshot from InWorldz 2nd Birthday
Snapshot of InWorldz Login Screen taken at 2:50am SLT today.
Yesterday on Friday 8th March 2013 the first ever South By Southwest Conference started. The 49 sims expo opened up to the public on the grid of InWorldz. The conference goes on from Friday 8th March to Sunday 10th March 2013 while the real SXSW is taking place in Texas. Will you be attending SXSW In InWorldz ?
Topics range from art, music, education, nature, technology, physics and much more.
- Sim A – Education
- Sim B – Arts & Literature
- Sim C – Entertainment
- Sim D – Technology
- Sim E – Physics
- Sim F – Fantasy & Roleplay
- Sim G – Transportation
- Sim H – The Harbor- Boating & Nature
Check out this full map of the 49 sims for InWorldz SXSW 2013
Event schedule for Saturday 9th March 2013
- 8:00am – 10:00am DJ Cataplexia Numbers – Belly Dancing
- 10:00am – 12:00pm DJ – Justin Meyer -
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm DJ Kally Skytower – Jazz
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm Subtlety Dalgish Live Blues
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Snoots Dwagon – Live Performance
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm DJ Strummer Skytower – Rock
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm DJ Kally – Blues
- 8:00pm – 10:00pm DJ Clint Westwood – country
- Sun Mar 10 SXSW
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. — open
- 10:00am – 12:00pm DJ – Justin Meyer
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm DJ G-WINZ
- 2 p.m. -3 p.m. – open
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Reggie Sunset
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm DJ Strummer Skytower -Rock
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm DJ Kally – Blues
- 8-10 p.m. — open
Event schedule for Sunday 10th March 2013
- 10:00am – 12:00pm DJ – Justin Meyer
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm DJ G-WINZ – Electroswing
- 2 p.m. -3 p.m. — open
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Reggie Sunset – Live Guitar & Song
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm DJ Strummer Skytower -Rock
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm DJ Kally – Blues- Closing
For the latest SXSW 2013 InWorldz discussions visit the InWorldz Forums.
Great news announced on the InWorldz Forums this week is that a new first public beta viewer for InWorldz users has been released. It now comes with mesh enabled and it now moves from InWorldz version 1.5.0 up to version 22.214.171.124227. This viewer is a public beta viewer and according to the devs there are bugs/improvements that still need to be worked on. It works only with Windows and Linux with a Mac version in the works.
- How to upload Mesh - check the post for instructions on how to upload mesh on the InWorldz Beta Grid.
InWorldz beta viewer 126.96.36.199227 login screen
InWorldz beta viewer 188.8.131.52 user interface
What do you think of the new version of InWorldz Beta Viewer 184.108.40.206227 ?
News this week is that the Friends of Raglan Shire InWorldz group have announced some very interesting exciting updates. InWorldz Raglan Shire Great Tree is one of the best places to visit on InWorldz because its home of the tinies community. I recommend everyone to visit and spend time looking around this amazing InWorldz landmark during 2013.
The Tinies of Raglan Shire are growing a City in a Giant Tree! Dances, aos, animations, skins, textures, clothing, tiny avatars, art, gestures, fun!
Teleport SLURL < InWorldz viewer required!
There is a box of 9 free tiny animations at the Welcome Center located at the Raglan Shire Great Tree thanks to Rowena Paine.
New Raglan Shire Newspaper
It’s now available online (January 2013 issue) at http://en.calameo.com/read/001956131cf7903f1ffcb. Monthly issues of the Raglan Shire newspaper will be released in 2013.
Rentals for Tinies now available
Tinies are now able to rent and spaces are now available. There are many levels of the tree to visit with shops to rent and homes to live in. Interested in renting? IM Liandras Jameson for more details.
Check out my new snapshots of InWorldz Raglan Shire Great Tree 2013.
Update 3: The latest news for physics rollout across InWorldz is that around 120 regions are now running PhysX 0.8.0 R2753 and the full rollout will be early next week (7th-13th January 2013). Another development is that the physics vehicle script set is being finalized today which is great news indeed. Very exciting
Check region version for PhysX…
- World menu > Region/Estate > Region Version
Thanks to Tranquillity Dexler for the updates via Twitter today about InWorldz PhysX rollout. Update 4 will be posted when I hear more on the rollout.
This week the physx rollout continues across the InWorldz grid and its making good progress so far. On 1st January 2013 Tranquillity Dexler posted a update on the rollout plan. Rolling restarts are still going on and the version of physx is Version: InWorldz PhysX 0.8.0 R2669.
Later on tonight, I will begin to roll physics out to a much more broad set of regions. These will be chosen at random throughout the grid and will run over the next few days in the hope that any showstopper bugs that may not have been found by the previous rollouts are weeded out.
After a few days of this larger set of regions running, if there are no serious bug reports, the physics release will commence to encompass the majority, or the entirety of the grid.
This will complete the phase 1 physics project and move us into implementation of the LSL vehicle functions.
In the meantime, sometime before or shortly after the full rollout, Balpien Hammerer will make freely available a script/set that will allow creators to easily begin building physical land, sea and air vehicles.
Physx is a big leap forward for InWorldz and it’s going to be fantastic when the rollout is completed. To stay updated on Physx check the InWorldz Forums regularly.
On the InWorldz Forums there is thread called Physics test region selection/rollout informing everyone on the latest developments with the Physics rollout. There is mention of either a major or complete rollout by new years day apparently by Tranquillity Dexler which is excellent news. The Physics rollout started in early December 2012 with only a selection of regions having the latest Physics version.
Tranquillity Dexler mentions that the rollout continues on Wednesday 26th December 2012 to more volunteer regions and huge clusters of regions. Yay!
I will continue this rollout on December 26th to more volunteer regions and will begin to extend this to entire clusters of regions. We’ve had great results for days now in the latest versions and I think we’re on track for a major or even complete rollout by new years day.
The first week or so of January 2013 will be hopefully the completion of the rollout of Physics I think. It’s really exciting to hear its coming so soon and it will be another big leap forward for InWorldz in 2013.
Its time to look back at InWorldz key moments during 2012. It’s been a exciting year with many amazing memorable events and new records set on the opensim grid of InWorldz. Below is the monthly break down of key moments during 2012 and I hope everyone will like my highlights. Have any favourite highlights of InWorldz 2012 ? Please share them in comments!
Christmas has arrived at InWorldz Desert Island and around the grid!
- InWorldz reaches 50, 000 registered users milestone - Today there’s 68, 097 total users, 1168 regions with on average between 140 to 300 online at any given time.
- Raglan Shire The Great Tree saved - This was very good news that the Raglan Shire The Great Tree was saved. It would of been terrible if this location closed down.
- InWorldz celebrates its third birthday - A special first official InWorldz conference was set up in Las Vegas to mark the third birthday of InWorldz. Thanks to the InWorldz Founders for hosting the special conference.
- New region count on the InWorldz Login Page – I like the region count statistics on the InWorldz Login page this year because its very cool. Displays the following Private Isles, Scenic Regions, Mainland Regions and InWorldz Sponsored regions.
- 1001 InWorldz regions milestone – The growth in InWorldz regions this year is incredible compared with previous years. This is another amazing historical moment in InWorldz history. Many more milestones to come i’m sure in future years to come.
- Announcement of the first Relay For Life Fashion Fair event – This was great news to hear about this event and attend the event in August 2012.
- InWorldz reaches 60, 000 registered users - Another big milestone for InWorldz and it’s getting closer to 70, 000 registered users mark which i’m predicting it will be reached before late Janaury 2013. Congrats InWorldz
- InWorldz Relay For Life 2012 season starts – A very successful first year and in 2013 it’s going to be even bigger.
- InWorldz Fashion Fair 2012 – Featuring more than 40+ InWorldz designers on 4 event sims
- A rather quiet month
- First InWorldz Halloween Fright Fest 2012 – InWorldz is celebrated its first Halloween Fright Fest during the whole of October 2012.
- Beta 2 of InWorldz PhysX video - New beta 2 of InWorldz PhysX video & uploaded by Jim Tarber.
- InWorldz video showing PhysX RC - InWorldz PhysX release candidate video by Balpien Hammerer.
- InWorldz changed server hosting – One of the biggest changes to date. The old server host was CariNet. The new server host is now RackSpace. InWorldz servers located at Elk Grove Village in Illinois
- Physics test region selection/rollout - Tranquillity Dexler who is one of the founders of InWorldz is posting regular updates on the progress of the Physics rollout this month/January 2013 via InWorldz Forums. InWorldz Desert Island is running on the physx release which is very exciting news.
2013 – Things to look forward to hopefully!
- I think the full rollout of PhysX will be completed very soon
- 4th birthday of InWorldz in March 2013
- 2nd InWorldz Relay For Life season sometime in 2013
- More exciting new improvements, events and big announcements
- And much more!
Re-Introducing InWorldz 2013
Hairy Thor has announced new details on the InWorldz Forums that the wrap up party for RFL of InWorldz season has been rescheduled for 12pm SLT on Saturday 24th November 2012. There will be two hours of great music, entertainment and a chance to check out the amazing InWorldz RFL regions for 2012 for the last time.
Teleport Here (InWorldz users only)
The closing party will mark the end of first official season of RFL of InWorldz 2012. Another historical event for the InWorldz community. Yay!