Avination grid will be celebrating it;s fourth birthday from Friday 12th September until Sunday 14th September 2014. There will be live entertainment, live DJs and much more. Visit the AVN4B sims on the Map to see the amazing exhibits and enjoy with friends.
See the full event schedule and lineup below for AVN4B.
Friday 12th September
- 10am – 12pm DJane Kirsten (Gothicbunker Aachen) – Warmup with Gothic and Hardrock
- 12pm – 1pm Digital Deception – live
- 1pm – 2pm Pingout Duffield – live country, rock and pop music
- 2pm – 3pm Nance Brody – live
Saturday 13th September
- 8am – 10am Fashion show at AVN4B – new and unusual styles for modern people
- 10am – 11am Babba Ballyhoo – live – unusual and unique, Cologne Folk Music
- 11am – 12pm AriangelS – live
- 12pm – 1pm DJane Florchen – live – charts, mixed and pop
- 1pm – 2pm DJane Melanie – live – Progressive House, Trance
- 2pm – 3pm Torben Asp – live – unique fusion of electronic music and lights…
Sunday 14th September
- 11am – 1pm DJane Kirsten – live – charts
- 1pm – 2pm Dubliners – live show
- 2pm – open end DJ Menny Italian – music mix
Grid Stats as of 22nd August 2014
- Total users: 71, 889
- Unique last 30 days: 2, 135
- Total regions: 665
- Online users: 50
Avination grid team announced new details on the official Avination Blog on 30th January that the first community meeting of 2014 will be held on Sunday 2nd February at 12pm AVN time (9pm CET/8pm GMT/12pm PST) when the Civic Center doors open.
Topics to be discussed at the meeting…
- New script engine & the possibility of problems from the upgrade & possible solutions
- Problem reporting (sending useful information to developers/fixing problems fast)
- Opportunities to advertise events and much more
Visit the official Avination homepage to discover more about the grid.
2013 has been a great year for OpenSim with huge growth in regions, users and active users. This month the top 40 OpenSim grids passed the big 30, 000 regions mark and now has nearly 4,000 more regions than Second Life. I would imagine the positive trend will continue into 2014 and 2015+.
For the first time on my blog I’m highlighting the big opensim memorable events and new records from 2013 that I’ve covered this year.
- New video was released featuring 14 east cafe in Detroit on Kitely > 13th
- A visit to Freebie Mall 2.0 on Kitely > 16th
- InWorldz Raglan Shire Great Tree announced new updates > 19th
- InWorldz reached 70, 000 registered users > 25th
- New mesh enabled InWorldz Beta Viewer 188.8.131.52227 was released > 28th
- Island Oasis officially turned two years old > 4th
- First ever South By Southwest Conference started on InWorldz > 9th
- Avination introduced Multi Attach > 10th
- Kitely launches Transfer Stations > 11th
- Attended the Kitely Mentors Meeting for the first time > 20th
- 117 avatars was reached during a load test on InWorldz Desert Island > 21st
- InWorldz officially turned four years old > 31st
- The growth in OpenSim Grids Statistics since 2009 > 31st
- Metropolis Grid officially turned five years old > 2nd
- Big announcement was made for VWBPE 2013 > 25th
- New video of InWorldz Dreamshare was released > 27th
- InWorldz reached 75, 000 registered users > 3rd
- A pre-release of Avination Viewer was released > 8th
- 3rd Rock Grid offered 50% off all private regions > 9th
- Kitely Market opened to Kitely Merchants > 12th
- Metropolis grid was offline for at least a week due to server maintenance > 14th
- New InWorldz Desert Island was opened to the grid > 15th
- Avination released HTTP Inventory Throtteling to OpenSim > 11th
- InWorldz reached the big 80, 000 registered users signups > 20th
- Avination grid celebrated it’s third birthday > 1st
- First OpenSim community conference opened > 8th
- A major revamp was made to the Kitely Welcome Center > 18th
- InWorldz introduced new project recently called InWorldz InShape > 29th
- Nothing to report during this month
- A sneak peak around Relay for Life of InWorldz 2013 > 7th
- Jim Tarber shared new interesting stats of InWorldz > 15th
- Relay for Life of InWorldz 2nd season set new record > 18th
- Fourth annual OpenSim grid survey was released > 18th
- InWorldz reached the massive 90, 000 registered users mark > 24th
- InWorldz announced 4th annual holiday gala > 30th
Wow, it’s been a busy year blogging about OpenSim grids during 2013 as you can see above and I can’t wait to blog more about OpenSim grids during 2014.
Bring on 2014! :)
Avination grid is celebrating it’s third birthday on OpenSim this weekend and it’s bigger than ever before. Visit the AVN3B Event Area and celebrate with the Avination team/community. There are nine regions to explore this year full of amazing quality builds and much more. It’s expected that there will be larger audience than in previous years and i’m sure that everyone will have fun this year.
AVN3B Event List – 31st August /1st September 2013
AVN3B regions map – Wow, 9 regions this year!
The party is under-way at the main stage of AVN3B
Happy 3rd birthday!
More snapshots of AVN3B can be found on my SL Flickr stream.
Avination grid will be celebrating it’s third birthday anniversary this weekend from Saturday 31st August to Sunday 1st September 2013 which is open to everyone to attend. New/updated event details have been published for AVN3B which can be viewed below featuring top DJs who will be playing great music.
At the AVN3B regions there will be a 3D maze, amusement park, ski resort, racing, music, freebies and much more.
Full Event Schedule
Event Schedule Saturday August 31: (all times AVN / PDT)
7 am – 11 am DJ Servex Congrejo (oldis and goldies)
11 am – 1 pm DJane Kirsten Sweetheart (Gothic Bunker)
1 pm – 2 pm Torben Asp with his unique light show
2 pm – 4 pm DJane Melanie Milland
4 pm – end DJ Elferion Infinity
preliminary Schedule Sunday September 1:
7 am – 11 am Servex Congrejo (oldis and goldies)
11 am – 1 pm Elferion Infinity
1 pm – 3 pm Marielle Dunheved (Oldies/Rock)
3 pm – 5 pm unconfirmed special guest
5 pm – end Jeffrey111
Sneak preview of AVN3B…Visit AVN3B Landing Point to join the party!
The Avination login screen now shows a birthday message for AVN3B…
It’s getting closer…The Party Of The Year. Avination’s 3rd Birthday on Aug 31-Sept 1. There aren’t many exhibit parcels left so come and get yours quickly. Contact Holger Gilruth (German) or Gord Devonshiire (English) for more information. Share your wares at the best attended party of the year! Huge 3D maze, Amusement parks , Ski Resort, Racing of all kinds, Music and much much more!!!
For the latest news visit the official Avination Blog.
New details has been released on upcoming Avination grid 3rd birthday celebrations which will take place from 31st August to 1st September 2013. There will be DJ music, birthday builds and events to celebrate three amazing years of the Avination grid on opensim. IM Gord Devonshire. Holger Gilruth or Holger Gilruth for more info.
Last year I loved the theme park rides, a sim maze and many birthday gifts. View my snapshots from at AVN2B.
I’ll be blogging more during the birthday. :)
Melanie Milland who is part of the Avination Viewer team announced a new first pre-release of the Avination Viewer which is now available to download. This latest version is 0.4.0 public FirstLook beta which is 31.2BM in size. This is very exciting news for Avination users because this new viewer brings many new features including:
- Mesh upload / Full Mesh viewing capabilities
- Improved graphics
- Improved menus
- Land options
- Misguiding labels have been removed
- And more!
Here are my snapshots of the new Avination version 0.4.0.
The orange login screen
Logged into the new viewer
Upload Mesh menu
Apparently there are more major new developments coming in the pipeline. A new script engine and new improvements is in the works. Media on a Prim is still under the “implementation” phrase.