Category Archives: SL Videos
Torric Rodas has uploaded a new video this week on the new ghost train ride at London City Dungeons in Second Life which is really cool and exciting. The video runs for 1 minute and 51 seconds featuring scary scenes from the ghost train ride and more. Wooooot!!! :D
Ride the Ghost Train through 10 crypts featuring the horrible history of Britain throughout the ages. Each catacomb relieves another era from Jack The Ripper, The Black Death, Boiling in Oil and other pleasantries that put the Great in Britain…. all from the comfort of your arm-chair!
At 2pm SLT today on Monday 6th October 2014 the recorded interview went live featuring Ebbe Altberg talking to Saffia Widdershins and Elrik Merlin about Second Life/the new platform.
You can watch the full interview here and for some highlights see below on the things that I found most interesting during the 250th episode of Designing Worlds. This show runs for 1 hour/38 minutes/14 seconds!
- Ebbe talks about his experiences since joining the Lab 9 months ago
- Ebbe joined the lab in February 2014
- The energy at the lab has gone up
- Wow factors: The communities, the variety, the interactions and user generated content
- Linden Lab are working improvements to avatars, clothing issues and solving bugs
- Second Life will be around for a very long time
- Feedback for Second Life will be made easier soon
- SL JIRA is back and it’s being monitored
- Linden Lab are working on Group Chat lag
- New projects rolling out within a month or so
- Second Names is high up on the list and no details on time-frame
- Linden Lab working on improving the meeting experience
New planned platform
- Progress is good, technologies starting to come together, working in a different way, about 4 months in
- 3 or so weeks away from reaching a milestone – 1st milestone will be the ability to import content
- Next milestone will be before the end of the year
- Alpha phrase will around mid 2015
- Ebbe is happy with the Test World – early stages
- It’s going to be a fun ride
- Ebbe has played with SL Go and thinks its a good experience
- It’s a great solution
About Show 36
A fascinating conversation with Bryan Carter, the mind behind Virtual Harlem, about identity and ethnicity in virtual reality, about time travel, immersive education and generally about where the train is headed! More info at our blog: http://draxfiles.com/2014/09/12/show-36-virtual-harlem/
The Ice Bucket Challenge in real life has been successful so far with well known celebrities taking part in the challenge in putting a bucket of ice water on one’s head to promote awareness of the disease myotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
UPDATE: In Second Life you can take part in the Ice Bucket Challenge by visiting the Iced Gems region and grab a FREE BUCKET with animations to get started.
Videos of the Second Life Ice Bucket Challenge
Check out these videos below of the virtual Ice Bucket Challenge in Second Life so far and enjoy. It will be great to see more Second Life Ice Bucket Challenge videos posted in the coming weeks to help to promote awareness.
ALS Association – Ice Bucket Challenge
It’s been confirmed by Canary Beck that Paradise Lost will return for a second season beginning 2nd August 2014. Tickets are now available at the Basilique Box Office Marketplace for Saturday/Sunday performances between August 2014 and October 2014.
Season 1 was very successful with huge demand for every performance. It was so popular it was even featured on The Drax Files Episode 18: Paradise Lost episode. Check out the wonderful Paradise Lost immersive theatre production inworld today. Visit SLURL!
Tickets for season 2 cost L$1, 000 for each performance and please note that only 40 audience members are allowed per performance. The performance features 43 characters, took over 1, 000 hours of development and a huge budge of more than L$250, 000 to produce.
Back by popular demand after a sold out first season: The most popularly acclaimed theatre event in Second Life!
Get ready to be amazed by what immersive theatre in Second Life can look and feel like. Prepare to be emotionally moved, blown away, and completely immersed in the epic, classic story about love, lust, temptation, loss, revenge, sacrifice and redemption.
Be electrified by the beauty of breathtaking sets and sensual choreography. Feel the spine tingling sounds of one the world’s most memorable pieces of music. Be astonished by the magic made possible within Second Life.
This is a totally unique event and you have never seen anything like this before. Ever.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to watch season 2 of Paradise Lost starting next month. Book Today and invite your friends to experience the fantastic performance.
Here is the full recording of the Firestorm Q&A session that was hosted this morning between Jessica Lyon, Oz Linden and Pete Linden. The video recording lasts for 59 minutes and 10 seconds. This meeting is a must watch for those interested in the future of Second Life. A brief summary can be found on my previous blog post about what happened.
A special recording of Designing Worlds will be happening today at 1pm SLT about maintaining Second Life and more about the new platform from the lab. The show will be recorded for those that can’t attend and the show will be available again on 14th July 2014. Special Guests: Jessica Lyon, Jo Yardley, Maxwell Graf and Pathfinder Lester.
To attend please click the SLURL.
Video uploaded by Mal Burns.
Here is the full video of Ebbe Linden at the Third Party Viewer meeting this week talking about Linden Lab working on a next generation virtual world. The meeting was done using voice and live text chat lasting for 2 hours. The next Third Party Viewer meeting is scheduled for 18th July 2014.
- Featuring Jessica Lyon, Oz Linden, Dolphin Linden and many more giving out important updates during the meeting
- Skip to 51 minutes and 19 seconds to listen to Ebbe Linden.
- Latest reactions to Ebbe Linden skip to 1 hour and 39 minutes
It’s really worth watching from start to end to hear all the latest updates and latest feedback on the breaking news from Ebbe Linden.