Category Archives: SL Summary
The closing stages are now underway of RFL of SL Relay Weekend 2014 and here are the final counts for this weekend. In 10 years of Relay in Second Life 11,594 avatars have walked 215, 366, 720 meters. These are incredible numbers and it’s really worth celebrating this major success. It’s been a great weekend and it’s been one of the best yet. The regions have been full and it’s fantastic to see there is huge support for Relay Weekend in Second Life.
Wrap Up Party
It’s been confirmed that the annual Wrap Up Party event for RFL of SL 2014 season will be held on Sunday 31st August 2014. More updates in the coming weeks!
Relay For Life of Second Life 2014 broke the fundraising record with the current total being $406,104 so far.
Updated 2014 Stats
- Avatars: 1, 365
- Laps: 2, 672
- Distance: 23, 653, 977 meters
- Minutes: 133, 600
- Course Length: 8, 853 meters
More interesting stats thanks to Dwen Dooley
- Over 3000 people in the rosters on over 190 teams
- 400 separate donations on the convio
- Rezzed 9000 regular kiosks. Rezzed 13000 vendors. In the vendors there were 24000 products.
- 280 random riot vendors, 1100 raffles, and sold 16800 raffle tickets.
- Rezzed 26249 fundraising tools in total, and that does not include the luiminaria. 5200 luminaria lit on this track.
- Since Wrap Up last August 2013 there have been 150,000 donations to RFL of SL fundraising tools
- Rezzed 400 gotya vendors
- Dual team kiosks - 2059 of them
- 623,000 lindens in dual team kiosks
Historical Stats for Relay for Life of Second Life
- More historical stats for Relay Weekend between 2005 to 2014 can be found here.
- History of RFL of SL
More snapshot of Relay Weekend 2014 can be found on my SL Flickr stream.
There are now two weeks left until Relay For Life of Second Life weekend kicks off and this year marks its big tenth anniversary. All funds go to the American Cancer Society to help fight against cancer. The theme for 2014 is A Journey of Promise and there will be more than 40 sims to explore this year. For updated news join Relay For Life Volunteers group in Second Life for free
In 2013 Relay For Life of Second Life reached a new milestone of having raised $2,000,000 since 2004 for the American Cancer Society. Over 80 countries took part in Relay For Life of Second Life. If you haven’t registered for a campsite for relay weekend, now is your chance to register your interest. :)
- See the history of RFL of SL here
- See the Total Pages here
- Join the Relay For Life Volunteers group for FREE for the latest updates
RFL of SL 2014 Event Details
- Opening Ceremony – 10am SLT on Saturday 19th July 2014
- Relay Weekend runs for 24 hours
- Closes on Sunday 20th July 2014
First preview of the 2014 RFL of SL Regions
- Official Relay For Life of Second Life Website
- Relay For Life of Second Life Wiki & History
- Relay For Life of Second Life on Facebook
More updates in the coming weeks on Relay Weekend, stay tuned for that. :)
Here is the full recording of the Firestorm Q&A session that was hosted this morning between Jessica Lyon, Oz Linden and Pete Linden. The video recording lasts for 59 minutes and 10 seconds. This meeting is a must watch for those interested in the future of Second Life. A brief summary can be found on my previous blog post about what happened.
A special recording of Designing Worlds will be happening today at 1pm SLT about maintaining Second Life and more about the new platform from the lab. The show will be recorded for those that can’t attend and the show will be available again on 14th July 2014. Special Guests: Jessica Lyon, Jo Yardley, Maxwell Graf and Pathfinder Lester.
To attend please click the SLURL.
Video uploaded by Mal Burns.
Great news is that the SL11B Performance page has now been updated with the master schedule via Google Calendar for SL11B events and live performances. This year you can save/copy your favourite events off by using Google Calendar which is going to be very useful indeed for the next few weeks.
SLURLS for the events can be found in the listings (colour marked) and if you click on the Performance page tab you can select individual stages for the event listings. All times are SLT/PDT.
- Main SL11B dates are in BLUE
- Auditorium events are PURPLE and can be found at SL11B Fascinate
- DJ Stage events are GREEN and can be found at SL11B Impressive
- Cake Stage events are YELLOW and can be found at SL11B Astound
- Live Stage events are RED and can be found at SL11B Astonish
My blog coverage of SL11B starts from tomorrow at SL11B Press Day, so please stay tuned for that. I can’t wait to see the regions, attend the birthday events and capture the great stuff.
There are now two days left until the grand opening of SL11B community celebration in Second Life and the start of grid-wide celebrations. Please spread the word and get ready for the biggest celebration yet. :)
Are you excited about SL11B ?
There are now 11 days until the grand opening of SL11B Community Celebration and good progress is being made in terms of building to get the regions completed on time. I’m much looking forward to SL11B Press Day and the bif SL11B grand opening next weekend. This year there will be 11 SL11B regions to explore and enjoy. There will be live music, a big hunt, pod tours, attractions to visit and much more. There will be greeters at the welcome area helping new visitors find their way around the SL11B regions. The countdown is underway and the excitement is building up as the days go by.
What’s New This Week
Come celebrate Second Life’s eleventh anniversary extravaganza at SL11B!
Timeline of upcoming events for SL11B
- Wednesday, June 18, noon SLT: Sims close to builders
- Saturday, June 21, noon SLT: Press day
- Sunday, June 22, noon SLT: SL11B opens!!!
- Sunday, June 22 to Sunday, June 29:
- SL11B open with performances!!
- Monday, June 23: Official 11th Birthday!!!
- Monday, June 30 to Saturday, July 5:
- Sims will remain open for viewing. No performances.
- Sunday, July 6 to Tuesday, July 8: Breakdown
- Wednesday, July 9: Sims go offline
SL11B map – (11th June 2014)
It’s almost time to celebrate the big 11th birthday of Second Life and I’m sure you are excited about attending this year. It’s going to be fantastic and worth the wait hopefully. :)
- For sneak previews check out the resident run SL11B community celebration blog.
On 16th May 2014 a new blog record was recorded for blog post views reaching a new high peak of 1,780 views. The blog post was that received the highest amount of views was Linden Lab announces new starter avatars and I would like to say thanks so much for viewing this blog post.
Historical blog post records
- 1,780 views is now the new record set on 16th May 2014
- 891 views was the last highest recorded on 6th November 2012
- 778 views was the first highest for my blog back on 25th August 2011
Today InWorldz officially hit the 100, 000 registered users milestone at 6:37am SLT which is a huge milestone for the community and sets a new historical record. Congratulations InWorldz!
When I joined InWorldz on 2nd September 2010 there were 12, 274 registered users, 96 users online and 499 total regions. See the historical milestones below…
Updated: InWorldz Registered Users Historical Stats
- 1, 000 members – 16th February 2010
- 2, 000 members - 14th May 2010
- 4, 000 members – 11th June 2010
- 5, 000 members - 20th June 2010
- 6, 000 members – 29th June 2010
- 7, 000 members – 4th July 2010
- 10, 000 members - 12th August 2010
- 20, 000 members - 21st October 2010
- 25, 000 members - 12th December 2010
- 30, 000 members - 1st February 2011
- 40, 000 members - 15th July 2011
- 50, 000 members - 15th January 2012
- 55, 000 members – 20th April 2012
- 60, 000 members - 18th July 2012
- 70, 000 members - 25th January 2013
- 75, 000 members – 3rd May 2013
- 80, 000 members – 20th July 2013
- 90, 000 members - 24th November 2013
- 95, 000 members – 10th February 2014
- 100, 000 members - 15th May 2014
It’s taken almost 4 years to reach the 100, 000 registered users milestone and in another four years I would image InWorldz would of reached the 200, 000 registered users mark if rates continue as they are.