Author Archives: Daniel Voyager
If you have any theme suggestions for 2015 Relay For Life of Second Life season, fill out this form and submit them. Apparently theme suggestions will be narrowed down and put to a vote this weekend. Hurry!
The 2015 theme announcement will be made at the 2014 RFL of SL Wrap Up party on Sunday 31st August 2014. Everyone is welcome to attend the annual event and be part of Relay For Life of Second Life history. :)
History of RFL themes
- 2004 – No theme
- 2005 – No theme
- 2006 – No theme
- 2007 – Quest for a Cure
- 2008 – Heroes
- 2009 – One World, One Hope
- 2010 – Wishing on a Cure
- 2011 – Seasons of Hope
- 2012 – Time For A Cure
- 2013 – Celebrating 100 Years of Hope
- 2014 – A Journey of Promise
- 2015 – To be confirmed
Avination grid will be celebrating it;s fourth birthday from Friday 12th September until Sunday 14th September 2014. There will be live entertainment, live DJs and much more. Visit the AVN4B sims on the Map to see the amazing exhibits and enjoy with friends.
See the full event schedule and lineup below for AVN4B.
Friday 12th September
- 10am – 12pm DJane Kirsten (Gothicbunker Aachen) – Warmup with Gothic and Hardrock
- 12pm – 1pm Digital Deception – live
- 1pm – 2pm Pingout Duffield – live country, rock and pop music
- 2pm – 3pm Nance Brody – live
Saturday 13th September
- 8am – 10am Fashion show at AVN4B – new and unusual styles for modern people
- 10am – 11am Babba Ballyhoo – live – unusual and unique, Cologne Folk Music
- 11am – 12pm AriangelS – live
- 12pm – 1pm DJane Florchen – live – charts, mixed and pop
- 1pm – 2pm DJane Melanie – live – Progressive House, Trance
- 2pm – 3pm Torben Asp – live – unique fusion of electronic music and lights…
Sunday 14th September
- 11am – 1pm DJane Kirsten – live – charts
- 1pm – 2pm Dubliners – live show
- 2pm – open end DJ Menny Italian – music mix
Grid Stats as of 22nd August 2014
- Total users: 71, 889
- Unique last 30 days: 2, 135
- Total regions: 665
- Online users: 50
This year Relay For Life of Second Life wrap up party will be held on Sunday 31st August 2014 at 10am SLT and everyone is welcome to celebrate the success of the 2014 season of Relay For Life of Second Life.
The wrap up party 2014 will include awards, live music and dancing to celebrate 10 amazing years of the event.
After everyone gets some much deserved rest, we come together one last time to recognize each other for a job well done. Here, we celebrate our success for the year, hand out various awards to teams and participants, and reveal some early news about the next Relay season.
Save the date and spread the word!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bay City Alliance
HOT BAY CITY NIGHTS 2014
Event feature top Second Life™ vintage automakers.
BAY CITY, SL (18th August, 2014) – Now in its third year, “Hot Bay City Nights” celebrates Bay City’s mid-century theme as well as its large network of roads. The event will showcase vehicle makers who create automobiles from the Bay City “theme era,” stretching from 1940 to 1965.
Established vintage automobile designers will be found in the Bay City Fairgrounds, in the North Channel region, from August 23-30 to present the best in vintage and retro vehicles for all Second Life™ avatars.
Additional events will provide plenty for all to do, including the crowning of 2014’s Miss Bay City and a number of charity car wasesh. The event will raise funds for Child’s Play, a charity that provides toys and games for children in hospitals around the world.
Bay City is a mainland community, developed by Linden Lab™ and home to the Bay City Alliance. The Bay City Alliance was founded in 2008 to promote the Bay City regions of Second Life™ and provide a venue for Bay City Residents and other interested parties to socialize and network. It is now the largest Bay city group, and home to most Residents of Bay City.
For more information, contact: Marianne McCann
The Firestorm team have released a new version 18.104.22.168398 with tons of new features, updates and bug fixes on Sunday 17th August 2014. There’s alot going on under the hood in this latest release of Firestorm and it’s recommended that everyone should do a clean install. This is a must upgrade for Mac users because the 64bit version is here!
Firestorm Blocking Update
- Version 4.5.1 beta will be blocked in the coming weeks
- If you are on Version 4.5.1 update now
- Version 4.4.2 will continue for Mac users until all the major Cocoa Mac bugs have been resolved
Here are some of the new features and updates in 4.6.7:
- Faster scene rendering speeds (Project Interesting)
- The arrival of Mac 64-bit version (beta release)
- Displays the latest news from the Second Life Grid Status Report page in chat
- New Google Breakpad updates now integrated into the viewer
- The Help menu now has the Firestorm Classes Schedule added
- A new option has been added to Preferences > Chat > Keyword Alerts
- Distant avatars now animate at the correct speed when avatar imposters are disabled
- Snapshot upload to Flickr has been fixed
- New Radar functions
- Mac Cocoa bug fixed
- And much more!
For a complete list of changes and updates, visit the change log page.
There is two months to go until the opening of BURN2 Caravansary 2014 in Second Life and this week the key dates have been announced by the BURN2 team. BURN2 is a community supported event and if you are interested in participating, fill out this volunteer form. Volunteering at a big event is a great way to meet new people and ensure that everyone has a great experience.
Important Dates to remember for BURN2 Caravansary 2014:
- Applications for Juried & Plottery camps closes: 18th August 2014
- Plot Sales Close; 25th August 2014
- Building Starts: 3rd September 2014
- Building/Placement Ends: 13th October 2014
- BURN2 Opens: 18th October 2014
- BURN2 Ends: 26th October 2014
This year, we will create a caravansary that occupies the crossroads of a dreamland: a bazaar of the bizarre, wherein treasures of every sort, from every land and age, flow in and out to be flaunted, lost, exploited and discovered. This is not a tourist destination, but a home for travelers who come here bearing gifts. Amid the twisting and the turnings of its souk, participants will come upon an inexhaustible array of teeming goods and unexpected services.
BURN2 is an extension of the Burning Man festival and community into the world of Second Life. It is an officially sanctioned Burning Man regional event, and the only virtual world event out of more than 100 real world Regional groups, and the only Regional to burn the Man!
60 days left and counting!
This week on show #32 Maria Korolov from Hypergrid Business talks about virtual worlds and OpenSim from a recorded interview back in March 2014. It’s a really interesting interview between Drax and Maria covering different aspects of OpenSim.
If you are thinking about joining OpenSim then this interview is worth listening to from start to finish. The interview runs for 29 minutes and 38 seconds. There is mentions of IBM, Second Life, OpenSim, Linden Lab and virtual worlds in general.
The Drax Files radio hour with Drax and Jo is a weekly production of basicdrax entertainment. If you have suggestions for future shows contact the show either at skype draxfiles, avatar draxfiles or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A new episode of The Drax Files series is in the works and show #33 will be available next Friday. For previous radio hour shows from Drax and Jo see here.