Lumiya new version 2.6.0
On 9th May 2014 Alina Lyvette released a new version 2.6.0 of the Lumiya Android viewer which is now available to download on the Google Play store. The app now supports fitted mesh, selecting avatars in 3D by touch and support for requesting teleports. The new update comes with improved performance in areas such as memory use, bandwidth usage and much more. A few known crash issues have now been fixed along with new notification sounds.
What’s New in Version 2.6.0
- Support for Fitted mesh;
- Significant 3D performance improvements;
- Better transparency support in 3D;
- Support for Selecting avatars in 3D by touch;
- Support for Requesting teleports;
- Reduced memory footprint and bandwidth usage;
- Fixed a few known crash issues;
- Added new notification sounds by Lhasa Mencur.
Lumiya is growing in popularity each month for Second Life and OpenSim use. I’m glad to see Alina is regularly updating the Lumiya viewer with new improvements and more support. Lumiya supports mesh content, server-side appearance and is compatible with RLV. The reviews so far for the app seem to be very positive and most find the viewer experience awesome.
- 4.5 out of 5 stars
- 2,156 reviews and counting so far
Posted on May 11, 2014, in Lumiya, OpenSim, Second Life, SL Announcements, SL Breaking News, SL Community, SL Cool Stuff, SL Mobile, SL News Alert and tagged Lumiya, Open Simulator, OpenSim, Second Life, SL Breaking News, SL Mobile, SL News. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.