The latest developments on server side baking on third party viewers. SSB renders clothing layers, avatar’s skin, tattoos, alpha from the client side to the server faster. Linden Lab are testing server side baking for official SL viewers which is due to be released hopefully within 2-4 weeks.
As of 25th April 2013
- Firestorm Viewer 188.8.131.52720 has added support for Server Side Baking
- Singularity Viewer 1.8.0 has added support for Server Side Baking
- Cool VL viewer supports Server Side Baking
- Catznip Viewer R8 has server side baking support (SSB)
- Kokua Vewer latest build includes experimental code
- Nirans Viewer 2.2.0 Alpha (2656) contains the update SSB (Server Side Baking)
More updates will be published soon.